Thursday, June 15, 2023

Burger Week at Sal's // Driving to Charleston


Dress: See It Through Dress by Free People (size S) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Earring: Vintage Czech via eBay 
Necklace: Jael Designs
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I had this dress in blue back in April. I went down a size this time to a small & it was a better fit...still super relaxed, as it's supposed to be. Very similar to The Marias dress from Anthropologie. I don't care if they aren't "flattering"...these dresses are pretty, flowy, & easy to wear...& these earthy colors are my jam. 
I was still wearing compression leggings for surgery when these photos were taken...by the time I wore it in Charleston, I was no longer wearing compression (I'm only mentioning it because they peek out once in a while). 
Warm colors are becoming on me...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch & Lucky, Huda Beauty eyeshadow in Nefertiti & Blood Moon, Chicory lipliner from UD, NYX lipliner in Pumpkin, Heat lipstick by UD, Gothica lipstick from KVD, & OPI nail polish in Man of La Mancha. 
Pilates! I wore this dress for the first time later that day...to go to work & try on clothes at Goodwill in Verona. 
I really wanted that Yumi Kim number to work out...they sell that brand at Anthropologie & that would have been a few hundred dollars new...& SO cute & colorful...but...it was an XS with no stretch...& I realized after I tried to try it on as a dress...it was actually a romper. Plaid pants! Every once in a while a print will catch my eye...so I'm slowly building up a pants collection. I figured these would be a good fit once my swelling from surgery went away. 
I try to hit up a Goodwill on Sunday or Monday because they have a 50% off tag sale...on this day it was pink...so all these pink tagged items were 1/2 off! Including some adorable *leopard* pants for $4!
I am currently wearing those brown Born sandals on my feet as I type this...I nearly didn't get them because is brown even a color? But I'm glad I did. Years ago, David had the best burger of his life at Sal's during Burger Week...so I sent him this Instagram post. 
Through diet alone (low carb eating at home)...I've been controlling my diabetes for the last few years. A1C of 5...which is excellent...it puts me in the non-diabetic range. I was fairly hardcore keto for about the first year, but since then I've relaxed...& you see how I eat when we go out. 
Burgers at Sal's! I nearly got the fish fry...but this burger was for 1 week only. B Barr's Burgerama Burger created by Head Chef Brian Barr...two 1/4-pound Wells Farms patties topped with Hook's 2 year cheddar, herb garlic butter, jalapeño escabeche, Delta Beer Lab Sal's Pale Ale-battered onion rings & ramp aioli on a Stalzy's Deli butter bun. 
After lunch...Vinny's in Sun Prairie...where I only found ONE dress...that place is usually a gold mine. 
David got 2 pairs of pants & a tie. I would say ~half the things I buy at thrift stores still have the tags on them. I also wore this outfit in Tennessee...view from my parent's porch. All packed up for our road trip...through Tennessee, North Carolina, & South Carolina...Everything was SO pretty...I didn't take photos of it all because I was too busy enjoying it. We stopped for lunch in North Carolina...Firehouse Subs...which I'd never been to before. I'm kind of fascinated by chain restaurants because I rarely go to them...so everything is new...like this machine that will basically pour you any drink you'd like...do they make bar versions of these?After over 7 hours of driving...we arrived at our hotel in Charleston...where it was raining. However, there was this man playing piano, along with free cookies & fruit water in the lobby. I ate at least a dozen of those cookies...they weren't even that good. Settling into the room...my mom came prepared with beverages...we rested a bit, then changed for dinner. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment