Monday, June 12, 2023

Traveling to Tennessee

Dress: Floral Faux Wrap Dress by Leota (size M) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: ?, thrifted
Shoes: Fluevog, Elegant Conversations: Gail
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Earrings & Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Another great Leota dress...always ideal for work, spot on fit, pretty pattern. My only complaint about this brand is that I always have to pin the neckline...although sometimes they stick a snap on. 
I love my orange stockings with purple shoes.
What I love about the colder months...more chances to pattern mix with cardigans.
I found these rather conservative Fluevog heels on Poshmark for $80...in perfect shape...& purple...so I had to get them. 
I ADORE this vintage penny farthing necklace...once upon a time there was a seller on Etsy that I bought oodles of stuff from...she had a knack for combining vintage components. I used to wear this a lot, but I think it fell out of favor because I felt it was too small. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Love Drug, Nars eyeshadow duo in Mediteranee, Huda Beauty eyeshadow in Amethyst & Nefertiti, NYX lipliner in Nectar, Nectar lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics, Hypnotic Rust lipstick from Make Up For Ever, & OPI nail polish in Mural Mural on the Wall. 
The first time I wore this dress was back in March (when these outfit photos were taken)...to have an initial session with a therapist. Do you know how difficult it is for a therapist to find a therapist?! I'm still looking. Afterwards...some thrift store try ons. Note that the green with white polka dots is a romper...how cute is that?! 
Gotta check out my butt in dresses. That yellow cardigan is an Anthropologie brand...I'm always tickled to find those second hand. 
Gradually replacing my We Love Colors collection in my proper size. Fun fact: all the hosiery I wear has been the same pairs I wore at 445 lbs...super stretchy...one size fits all...in both WLC & Snag. One of my tattoo people turned me on to this Instagram...it gives you a selection of the colors from various movies. New to me Chie Mihara polka dot sandals found on Poshmark. 
More of me trying clothes on...I was going to share less of this, but someone on Facebook commented that she likes it...& I am going to continue to take these photos anyway.
Some days I only get a few things I try on...other days...most/all of it comes home with me.
I was on my way to Vinny's in Sun Prairie when a guy started coming into my lane & would have hit me had I not swerved & hit the curb...blowing my tire out. Now we'll never know what I missed on that lost shopping trip. Veronika doesn't have a spare...so despite a few kind men offering to change the tire for me...there was no tire to switch out. I waited for a tow truck. 
Carsie Blanton's new vinyl arrived. My very last Boxy Charm...I've cancelled before, but this time I think I mean it...I just don't get enough make-up I like...mostly it creates a clutter of facial products I'll never use & don't know what to do with. This is my life...do you need skincare, make-up, or pretty clothes in size 26/28...hit me up. 4/5 pairs of shoes from the annual IFD (International Fluevog Day/John's birthday) sale. Sadly, I had to return the burgundy/floral Dr. Gunter's because the 8.5 didn't work (they were out of my usual 'Vog size 9)...they are being replaced with the same shoes in black/cream...but I'm watching for a restock (crosses fingers). 
I wore this dress to go to Sephora to find a better foundation match...the woman who helped me was unhelpful...so I took a few samples home. I also picked up my 3 new pairs of glasses at Ulla. Lilacs in bloom...I smelled them quite a bit, but never did pick any this year (they seem to die within a day anyway). 
Look how quaint...they printed me out a paper ticket. On a plane to Tennessee to visit my parents & go on a road trip with my mom. 7:30 am...the flight attendant comes around offering beverages...the guy next to me orders an OJ with 2 vodkas. Not judging...but totally judging. My travel reading, Platonic. While on a layover at the Charlotte airport...a woman sits down next to me at a table...talking on her phone via speaker. I gave her the evil eye, then decided I'd put in my AirPods & listen to music...I couldn't hear it, so I turned the volume up as high as it would go...then realized my earbuds hadn't synced...& I was blasting music to everyone. She moved. This (accidental) passive/aggressive thing really works. 
My mom & dad picked me up at the Knoxville airport & we had a late lunch outside at a place on the river. The shrimp tacos were decent...mango, yum...& I'm glad I ordered a side of okra, because this was the only time I got it during this trip. Back at their house...my dad made us strawberry daiquiris with strawberries from their garden & we visited on their porch overlooking the mountains. 
Pizza for dinner...this time with a strawberry margarita. After our meal...I took a walk with my mom & the doggies. A spicy nightcap with dad on the porch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment