Monday, March 6, 2023

Fluevogs // Sundara


Dress: Dolman Sleeve V-Neck Print Velvet Mini Dress by London Times (size M) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Boden
All Jewelry: Colleen Toland
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Look at these vibrant colors pop! I do love a velvet dress...the length & skirt swing on this one were fabulous. The top was huge...the description stated dolman sleeves, but I think it just looks sloppy from the waist up. Perhaps I needed to size down, but I think even then it would have been ill-fitting. But...pretty, velvet, & easy to throw on. 
I need more orange shoes in my life...but these blue suede shoes were adequate. I think this was my first time wearing them, found on Poshmark.
Matchy matchy jewelry set...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Sabbath; Hell Ride, Wildheart, Baja, & Stranded eyeshadow by UD; Becca lipliner in Mood; Urban Decay lipstick in Big Bang; Pomegranate lipstick from Bite Beauty; & Morgan Taylor nail polish in I'm From The Fuchsia.
I wore this dress to work, bellydance class, & to run errands. I made dinner...Venison with Sauce Grand Veneur, served with roasted Brussels sprouts. 

There was a Fluevog sale...I bought...a few pairs. And caught Amanda Palmer live on Instagram. 
These purple boots are not new, but I realized I hadn't tried them on since buying them during quarantine...SEXY! We get a monthly subscription box from Burlap & Barrel...it is fantastic. 
Boots, coffee, & Pilates.
I got a hair cut! Always an exciting day & my hair person, Sigrid, is so fun to talk to. And then Veronica came on while I was driving Veronika. 
The final time I wore this dress was on David's birthday during a little snowstorm. We drove to a nearby spa for the day, Sundara. 
I've been wanting to go here for ~20 years...so excited to finally experience it.
They sold so many cute exercise/lounging outfits...velvet & sparkles. We got a little tour of the place before our day of luxury began.
Time to put my clothes in a locker & spend the day in my swimsuit.
And they gave me a plushy robe & flip-flops. After we changed...we experienced the Purifying Bath Ritual (in the room with the hot tub & cold plunge pool above), which included these 5 steps: rainfall shower & Sundara sandstone body exfoliation, spray with body mist before heading into the steam room with aromas of rose & sandalwood, cooling rainfall shower, essential oil-infused hot tub with ice chilled eucalyptus towels for your face, until finally you plunge your body into the cold pool...repeat as you like. 
David's Detoxifying Thermal Mud Treatment started 30 minutes before my first service...so I enjoyed some tea, granola, a banana, & time in both the indoor & outdoor hot tubs until it was time for my Signature Body Polish & Massage. I've never had a massage before...how bizarre is that?! This service included both Himalayan sea salt exfoliation & relaxing shea butter massage. Before & after...my hair just got wilder throughout the day. Afterwards, David & I met back up in the bath ritual room & also spent some time outside in the hot tub...it was all so beautiful with the snow falling on us. There were fires scattered about the outdoor areas...& I tried all the pools. Upstairs there is an exercise room...they also offer a variety of classes, including yoga & cooking demonstrations. Lunch! David had already grabbed a bite, but we enjoyed more food together. The best thing I ordered was this Ahi Tuna Sandwich with house made potato chips & a zingy ginger beer. Then it was pedicure time, followed by lounging in another pool area. I wandered into another room & discovered coloring books...So I found a place to sit & lose myself in pretty colors for a bit. Back to the Purifying Bath Ritual & some lounging in the relaxation area. Waiting for our final service of the day...facials. David had a River Stone Facial (his first ever facial). I had chosen a HydraFacial...which turned out to be extremely different from the facials I'm used to...most of it was done with this machine. The results were great, but it wasn't as relaxing as having someones fingers massage everything into your skin. We could have spent some more time in the bath ritual or outdoor spaces, but we were thoroughly relaxed, pampered, & ready to head out. All that leisure & body manipulation had us ravenous...but we were in The Dells, a total tourist trap, which is filled with endless chain restaurants (& a great super club, Ishnala, which was closed for the season & look at my hair...I wasn't fit to go anywhere nice). We decided to go to Pizzeria Uno...because David loves pizza & also, it was the first place we'd ever shared a meal together. David took a closeup of my face so I could see how clean my pores were. It was a marvelous day spent with my love...it felt like *my* birthday. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment