Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Valentine Craftacular // William Elliott Whitmore

Dress: Ruched Tiered Dress by Anthropologie (size M) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Boots: Fluevog, Enneagram: Spontaneous 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I really adore this style of dress...I last had it in orange, which I obviously was smitten with & wish I owned. I got a medium instead of a large this time & I could have gone with a small as well. I like the cutout in back that allows for a bra while still being sexy. Nice plunge in front without being indecent...flutter sleeves, alluring leg slit...the better to show off a colored stocking. 
I just love the classic combination of black, white, & red. I would have worn my Wendy Baker red bubble necklace with this...but it's with her for alterations right now. I miss my Wendy creations. 
I buy a lot of Fluevogs...but I never know which ones are going to get worn the most...these are definitely one of those pairs...my favorite thing about them are the laces on the side...& they are so shiny! Black shoes that aren't boring. I have a gap in my Fluevog collection though...I need some in black & white.
Winged liner is getting more difficult to pull off as I age & develop wrinkles...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Farah liquid liner in Black Velvet, Huda Beauty eyeshadow palette in Ruby Obsessions, UD lipliner in 714, No-Tell Motel lipstick from UD, & Color Club nail polish in ?
I have several tubs of clothing from high school...but for some reason...we only knew where one was...so I unpacked & washed it. Look at this Madonna tour t-shirt from 1990! We saw her in Chicago. And apparently, no sale is ever final at The Limited. 
I first wore this dress to the Valentine Craftacular at Garver Feed Mill...it was fun to see what people are making & get compliments on my outfit. 
Nightmare Before Christmas hot pads (did not come home with me)...I was really drawn to this artist's watercolor paintings...I wish he'd had some of his Madison ones on offer as blank cards...instead I bought some cards with the Great Lakes for me & foxes for Kate. 
Glitter Workshop had a craft your own Valentine station set up...so I did. 
Afterwards...I met David at Vinny's on Willy St. (he'd been at an acupuncture appointment down the block)...
Vinny's finds & Craftacular purchases...I bought a card a woman had made out of a vintage valentine & couldn't resist this elephant pin. 
I wore this dress on another day to have a tattoo consult with Mar for the fire woman tattoo I wanted based on this Louis Icart painting of a smoke woman, Illusion...I fell in love with Mar's version of her immediately. It's wonderful how different Mar & Bear are...Mar draws on me during our consult, Bear takes notes & does her designing on a tablet. 
And another trip to Vinny's since I was right there...I undressed this mannequin & tried to try on this heavy beaded vintage top...but the zipper wouldn't budge in back, so I couldn't get it over my head. It was only $7, but I don't need any more projects. I would have grabbed that orange dress, but it was too pilled...the rest, I got.
I've been collecting cashmere & wool sweaters...they are just so soft & green is a good color for me. I also couldn't resist this blue velvet & beaded/sequined Free People swing dress. Later that day...I went back to the Willy Street neighborhood to have dinner at Ha Long Bay. I haven't been there since 2019 & it's a place I like more than David & since he was in California visiting his parents...that's where I went. I began with Crab Rangoon...
Then had my favorite, HT1, Hù Tiéu Xào with shrimp...it's the large crispy fried rice noodles that I enjoy...and...it just wasn't as good as I remembered. I think my taste buds have changed since 4 years ago. Now I can stop craving it. After eating...I drove to Stoughton for a show...but first, Vinny's. I have a thrifting problem. I had to have this burgundy velvet coat & green velvet Anthropologie dress. 
I left this purple maxi there though...it was a bit too boring & I'm trying to be more selective...but now I'm wondering if I regret it...I guess if I have to think about it too much...I don't need it. Finally, on to the Opera House to see William Elliott Whitmore. 
I have been greatly enjoying all the bands they've been booking to play in the lounge before the show...I try to get there early enough to catch at least 30 minutes of bonus music...which means speedy trips through Vinny's. Selfie-ing in the front row. I last saw William Elliott Whitmore at Bur Oak last autumn, & before that at The Shitty Barn in the summer. This is relevant because...
After playing one of my favorite songs of his...he pointed at me & said...hi, how are you doing...great to see you! I guess I always sit in the front row & he recognized me...I told him it was great to see him too. 
My 2 Vinny's store finds...including shirts for David.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment