Monday, March 27, 2023

Davina & the Vagabonds

Dress: Miranda Mock Neck Fit & Flare Dress by Leota (size M) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: We Love Colors 
Shoes: Fluevog, Hi Choice: Jennifer 
Earrings & Necklace: Heidi Daus
Bracelet & Purse: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Midnight blue velvet dreamy dramatic dark floral dress with birds on it. I'm not usually into birds, but these were pretty...it felt like a Christmas holiday frock. My only complaint about this dress was that it ran big, at least one size (look at how the waist hits me low & awkward...it was too big & heavy to blouson out there)...otherwise, it was lovely to look at & easy to wear. 
Bringing out the burgundy & green.
In person, there was a green this shade in the dress...although it doesn't show up in photos...I chose these shoes because of their color & velvet ribbon. Notice the adorable heart-shaped heels. 
The high neckline made it possible to wear this longer Heidi Daus necklace that I've had for a few years...this was my first wearing of it...
Accessories...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner & eyeshadow in Mildew, Sonic eyeshadow by UD, Natasha Denona eyeshadow in Giving, MAC Burgundy lipliner, & Black Metal Dahlia Lip Tar & nail polish by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.
I first wore this dress to work, thrifting, & bellydance class. Chartreuse heels I was happy to find...those will be cute this summer. Green tags, 50% off & many cardigans were only $1.99. 
The big winner of the day was David...I found all these Jos. A. Bank wool pants...& they all had green tags...so they were about $4 each! I rarely look at pants for him, but these Cutter & Buck plaid shorts caught my eye...& the pants were right there. I scored 10! pairs of nice pants. 
I found these Chie Mihara heels for a screaming deal on Poshmark...my intension is to paint the beige area orange...but will that ever happen? They are charming & retro as is...but definitely need more attractive (ribbon?) laces. The hot air balloon dress from Effie's Heart was also a Poshmark purchase. Back during lockdown, I sent money to Michael Waite on Indiegogo to get his vinyl when he made it...but you know how long it takes to get a record pressed these days. I would think now that vinyl has made a comeback...there would be more places churning them out. I made a shrimp curry for dinner before heading out to Stoughton. 
Davina & the Vagabonds! Ced in the lounge before the show. Look, it's a girlie! Kate & Jason met me there. It was fun to be at a show with other people sitting next to me that I know. 
Davina always puts on a fantastic show...but she seemed extra on fire this night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment