Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Dream A Little Dream


Dress: Graphic Tropic Maxi Dress by Kaktus (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Clarks
Jewelry: Vintage Sobral, except for...
Two Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I loved this dress! So many bright colors & patterns...full flowy skirt. My favorite part was the bottom colors stabbing into the black top in pointy bits. The skirt is chiffon & the top is a stretchy cotton. The fit was spot on everywhere with the exception of the armholes which gapped. There are ties underneath the skirt which lift it up (I'm wearing it that way in the first photo)...I liked it both ways. 
I have a bunch of vintage Sobral jewelry I got off eBay that I've never worn...it was perfect with this outfit, don't you think?
It's been over six months since I've gotten a haircut...except for hacking at my bangs...I guess I'm growing it out.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Sugarpill Cosmetics eyeshadow in Love+ & Buttercupcake, Russian Red lipstick by MAC, & Red Heads Ahead nail polish from OPI. 
A friend recommended this song to Davina, The Good Parts, by Andy Grammer...& it called her name right away...so she went online to practice it for us. Geese crossing the street on my way out of farmers' market. Fresh sticky garlic from market...on top of salmon with crispy skin...one of my favorite meals. 
I've discovered some great artists through Virtually Green Note during this pandemic...more live music from a local band, Harmonious Wail...& Fridays with Sean Hayes. 
Dane County Farmers' Market on Wednesdays & Saturdays have been order ahead & pick up only this summer...but Saturday they decided to only do that from 7-9...then let people walk around...so, inevitably, there was a backup from this new process...I'm sure they'll get it figured out for next week. Then! Kate & Jason came to visit! Kate made one of our staple picnic foods...a hummus/slaw wrap...but I was too hungry to take a photo of it before it was eaten. David made us a peach basil compote for dessert. 
So far away from my girlie. The outside progress on the pergola. And a new to me band, Jane Rose & The Deadend Boys, that I supported on Kickstarter to put out their next album...playing live from Nashville.
And another photo of this marvelous bass. Davina in a pretty red dotty dress...going live for a minute to promote their show later that evening. Michigan blueberries are the best...these tasted like home. And...The Vagabonds play live from their home in Minneapolis. This was such a good show...all B-sides & songs they rarely play. Her voice is amazing & she did a cover of Dream A Little Dream of Me that I adored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment