Monday, July 27, 2020

The Colors of Fun & Happiness


Dress: Sky Blue Floral Fit & Flare Dress by Eva Rose (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Leggings: LuLaRoe (TC2)
Sandals: Born
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: Colleen Toland
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This extremely light weight woven dress was perfect for a hot summer day. I felt that the pattern & colors were rather uninteresting, but it was fine for a wear & to do teletherapy in. I'm always happy with the fit on these Eva Rose cotton dresses, however, they do wrinkle easily. Pockets! 
Of course I felt the need to brighten up this boring baby blue & white frock with some leggings...which I think work because of my added red accessories. 
I'm down to only 12 dresses in my Gwynnie Bee closet...& like this one, I don't even love all of them. I guess when I run out of dresses, I'll have to quit? I mean...I *do* have over 200 dresses in my actual closet that I've never worn. And even more that I have worn. It's a problem. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Abyss, Sugarpill Cosmetics Love+ eyeshadow, Huda Beauty Neon palette, No-Tell Motel lipstick from UD, & Aim to Misbehave nail polish from Essie. 
Sean Hayes hurt his shoulder...so he was joined by his friend John Courage on guitar, APT does a reading of Jim DeVita's new play, An Improbable Fiction, & David made us some more peach basil compote to go with our instant pot chicken...delicious. 
Drive-up farmers' market...I took my chances on flowers they picked out for me...these sunflowers never did perk up. Leah Brooke Conway playing live from home...& a few minutes of Adore Delano. 
In case you didn't know, this Facebook conversation will tell you...I am a terrible person. Surprise Sunday visitors...Angie wanted to get out of the house & I said YES! Please come over. Check out this adorable hipster with his Joy Division onesie & grandma made upcycled plaid flannel shorts...he's got his eye on the prized raspberries. This was also the day (a week ago Sunday) that I decided to Google a close high school friend...after not talking to her for 8 years (totally my fault...remember, terrible person?) & call the number I found...& she decided to forgive me. I am incredibly happy she is back in my life, but it's also slightly sad because she has an awful stage 4 cancer...perhaps why she'd been on my mind the past few weeks. 
The beginning of our pergola in the backyard. Some jewelry in the colors of fun & happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment