Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Falling in Love with Beauty


Dress: Keyhole Green Fit & Flare Dress by eShakti (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee
Leggings: LuLaRoe (TC2)
Sandals: Croft & Barrow, thrifted
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was such a gorgeous shade of green, perfect for my newly dyed summer red head...but it needed the oomph of a pattern & I thought these leggings were perfect...my second choice was black leggings with avocados on them...but not enough color. Great fit & length on the dress, especially the armholes...& nice deep pockets. The neck was too high for me for a summer dress...this could transition well into the cooler months with a cardigan. 
We first tried taking these photos in front of our garage...but the light was too dappled at the end of the day...so we sought out some color at graffiti alley. 
My first wearing of this necklace from bel monili, discovered through Wendy Baker...the flower jewelry designers have to stick together. 
My make-up with this outfit included...ColourPop eyeliner in Workout, NYX Avant Pop palette, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Fireball, Violet Voss Sparkling Cherry Limeade palette, Mimosa lipstick by Bite Beauty, Dozen Carnations lipstick from MAC, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game? 
I watched a bit of Caroline Spence (who I'd never heard of) via The Americana Music Association Facebook page...she has that sweet little girlie voice that I adore...although I'm sure that doesn't sound like a compliment, but I can't think of a better way to describe it. Dan Rodriguez playing online...I hope I get to see him at The Shitty Barn some day. And of course...we spent 4th of July weekend watching Hamilton. I'd seen a pirated copy of the original cast version, but I've never seen the play live. Yet. 
Sean Hayes & Bret Helm from Audra playing live on Facebook...& several times a week I tune into Bad Seed Teevee & I've seen so many amazing live performances & videos from Nick Cave...he's a living legend & I'm sad the girlie & I won't be seeing him in Milwaukee this fall. But I'm so very lucky that I've been able to see him live more times than any other artist. 
Some new summer earrings from Shawna at Kerala Rose...I'm not sure why...but her earrings scream summer to me. 
Look what I'm getting!!! I found Tracey Bellion last year when I was looking up ideas on how to chalk paint my make-up vanity...I was instantly in love with her quirky whimsical style. But I never dreamed I would own anything painted by her. She posted this marvelous mirror last week & I couldn't stop thinking about it...so I inquired & for her to paint & ship it to me was much more affordable than I would have guessed. So she's going to gaudy it up for me & I'm going to hang it in my office above my jewelry chest. I'm in love. I need to fall in love with beauty every day or I feel empty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment