Sunday, June 24, 2018

Joe Pug at The Barn

 Dress: Rose Print Dress by Jessica Howard (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee, Try Then Buy
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Shoes: Me Too, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I last wore this dress nearly four years ago to see a play at APT...it is so true what they say...time does go by faster & faster as you get older...I would have guessed it was only two years ago. Apparently, I bought it for only $24...back when GB had 50% off sales. This dress has a vintage vibe with the antique rose print & I like the way it fits me...but is it too conservative? Should it stay or should it go?
When I first wore this dress, I stuck to the black & ecru theme...but this time I added some red to brighten it up...perhaps I need to try this dress again during cardigan season to add more color?
I am smitten with my makeup...this is softer than I usually go & it's a nice change. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX Faux Blacks eyeliner in Oxblood, Love+ eyeshadow from Sugarpill, Too Faced eyeshadow in Marzipan & Creme Brûlée, Russian Red lipstick by MAC, & O'Hare & Nails Look Great nail polish by OPI. 
I wore this dress to attend the first Shitty Barn show of the year...Joe Pug. And...I drank a beer all by myself...well, 3/4 of it. Joe Pug played guitar, harmonica, & piano while singing some fabulous Americana music...& he told some good stories...which is nearly as important to me as the music. He also introduced me to an artist I'd never listened to before (& now really like)...Billy Joe Shaver...by way of a story about Billy Joe that involved a man stirring his drink with a switchblade at a bar, which he didn't care for...so they took it outside & Billy Joe shot the man "between mother & fucker"...Willie Nelson & Robert Duvall showed up in court as character witnesses & (probably because it happened in Texas)...he got off on the basis of it being self defense. 
Some vintage jewelry I got from etsy...
I also wore this dress to work & out to dinner with David (Great Dane Fish Fry). Also, some pretty lace things from Society+...a black top & raspberry skirt. And...I know I don't post much about our house remodel here...I guess because I'm not wearing pretty clothes while I work on it...but this was the state of my closet (formerly a garage) during the time of these photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment