Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Hump! Film Fest

 Dress: I'm Plaidered Skater Dress from Society+ (size 26/28)
Cardigan: Designers Originals (size 3x), thrifted 
Tights: Catherines
Boots: Steve Madden
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace: Age Before Beauty
Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
It's over 90° outside & I'm wearing boots?! I'm a month behind in my outfit posts...& just a month ago it snowed here in Madison for the last time. Crazy spring. 

This plaid dress from Society+ is ridiculously amazing. I bought it in January 2017 & finally got around to wearing it. The fabric is heavy & luxurious with a nice stretch...a substantial dress you'd only want to wear in cooler months. It's perfect in every way. I have a few other things I've bought from them & they've all been high quality garments. 
Check out this 80s Dynasty jacket...I couldn't resist wearing the two purple plaids together. 

My makeup with this outfit included Urban Decay eyeliner in Delinquent; Hoodoo, Freakshow, Last Sin, & Chase eyeshadow from UD; UD lipstick in Voodoo & Speedball; & Grape Gum Vinylux nail polish by CND. 
I did not wear this dress to the first outdoor farmers' market of the season, however, since it was on the same day...I wanted to share...miserable, cold, rained on, sleeted on girlies determined to market no matter what. 

Also, a small make-up purchase made during an Ulta 20% off sale. I have so much makeup that I skipped Sephora's spring sale altogether the following week. 
I wore this dress to go to Dan Savage's 13th Annual Hump! Film Festival with David. The weather only got worse as the day went on & by evening it was snowing & awful out. I am a total freak about getting to venues early so I get a close seat...doors were at 6, so normally I'd like to get there no later than 5:30...but because of the weather, I didn't feel like waiting outside...so David dropped me off at a bit after 6 & I was the third person in the theater...so I panicked for naught. This film fest gets better every year...I love it. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lovely dress. If you tire of it, can I please buy it from you? I will pay double of what you paid. Love from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it is a wonderful dress. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring it back (or something like it) in the fall/winter.

      Delete