Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Nick Cave at The Auditorium Theatre

 Dress: Feather Print Maxi Dress by City Chic (size XXL) via 
Shoes: Auditions, thrifted
Earring: Kerala Rose
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I first wore this dress last fall to see Death of a Salesman, then returned it to GB...& recently bought it from one of the GB reseller girls. Maxi dresses are effortlessly elegantly summer. I love all the colors in this dress...the last time I wore it, I played up the rust...this time... pink, blue, & chartreuse. 
I adore City Chic dresses, however...they are obviously designed by someone who doesn't need to wear a bra. Luckily, David discovered that they make a fastener that joins your bra straps together in the middle of your back & it takes care of the majority of these unusual necklines. Or I just let my bra straps show if he's not around to help me. 
I wore this dress to farmers' market, work, & to travel to Chicago with Angie & Toby to see Nick Cave. On the way to our Airbnb, we stopped at Mitsuwa, a Japanese marketplace I have heard about for decades, but had never been to. I bought 4 different orange pens...that doesn't sound very Japanese, does it? I like orange pens. This dragon fruit reminded me of Barcelona where Kate & I bought some from an outdoor market. SO many Japanese beauty products. 
After checking into our Airbnb, we Lyfted to Russian Tea Time for dinner where I ordered one too many dishes...but it was all delicious...especially the duck salad. 
In line for Nick Cave...this woman had a great look...her lips were perfect & red...such a cute dress...there were a lot of great dresses at Nick Cave...but this is the only one I took a photo of. 

I had never been to The Auditorium Theatre before...it was stunning. I told Toby, it's not ornate enough for me though...but it was still fantastic. Angie informed me that it was designed by Louis Sullivan, Frank Lloyd Wright's mentor. We looked it up & it seats just over 4,000...compared to the 3,600 seat Chicago Theatre that Nick Cave usually plays (which *is* ornate enough for me). 
I wasn't sure how I felt about the show at first...I've seen him over 1/2 a dozen times & this was different. It was his first tour since his son died. In the past he's picked out a girl or two in the front row to worship him, which leads to some intense, sexually charged play...this time he lovingly surrounded himself with as much of the audience as he was able...including walking out into the crowd & inviting them onstage during the encore...& they all showered him with the adoration he craves during a performance. I like this kinder gentler Nick Cave who seemed grateful to all of us for being there & held a lot of hands. 
This Kat von D lipstick came in my June Sephora Play! box...that I forgot to take a photo of. I saw it on the dining room table as I was packing & brought it along...although I didn't wear it in Chicago. I had been wearing make-up all day, so I felt too greasy to pull off this shocking color when it came time to touch up at night. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Abyss eyeliner by Urban Decay; Kat von D eyeshadow in Anthem, Löve, Swoon, & Vinyl; Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in K-Dub; & OPI nail polish in Who The Shrek Are You? & No Tan Lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment