Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Northern California in December

 Dress: Circle Print Fit & Flare by Jessica Howard (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Cardigan: Avenue
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Vintage
Bracelet: Allie's Adornments
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this dress my first full day in California. Flattering fit & flare, great length (I'm 5'7"), fun pattern. I disliked the mismatched seam running down the front of the dress...I wish dress makers would stop doing this. Jessica Howard runs a bit big, so I always size down one. 

Gwynnie Bee shipping was extra slow over the holidays, but they seemed to send me out a package on time so I was hopeful I'd have clothes to take with me on my trip. USPS didn't scan in my box until it got to Wisconsin, so I was in a panic...it arrived in Madison on Saturday. I was crossing my fingers for a Sunday delivery. Nope. I had to leave my house by 9:30 am on Monday to catch my plane. I had our mail held starting on Monday...so my plan was to go to the post office building where they hold mail & beg for my clothes. I showed up when they opened at 8, spoke with the woman there who, after checking in back, told me my box was waiting for me on my porch. But, how can that be...I only left there 10 minutes ago AND my mail is supposed to be on hold. I drove home...eager to see if the box would be there...scolding myself for getting my hopes up, quite sure she told me that just to be rid of me. There was a white box on my steps! I threw together outfits as I packed in under an hour. So, the dresses I wore in California may not be accessorized exactly how I'd like...but I was SO excited to have clothes to bring with me! 
Oranges! A tree in Super Boo's Grandma's yard. This will never get old...the fact that December is citrus season & I can pick oranges & mandarins right off the trees & eat them. Heaven. 

Super Boo makes candy with his grandma every year for Christmas & that is what we were at her house to do on this day. They made fudge & divinity, both with walnuts from her tree...and Super Boo made the most delicious caramel icing I've ever tasted.
Super Boo's grandma had such a gorgeous tree this year. This is my ideal Christmas tree...tall & straight, with short needles, & nicely spaced branches so there is space to see the pretty ornaments. 
As the sun was setting, I sat outside in the backyard & ate mandarins I picked off the tree. It was still in the 60s. 
We had no cups for wine in Super Boo's RV, so bowls it was! I originally took this picture to send to Kate to show her how classy we were, but never got around to it. 
I'm still getting used to seeing myself in pink. 
Vintage button bracelet, vintage button earring...I need to make myself a button necklace with the vintage buttons I have collected over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment