Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas Eve

 Dress: Naomi Dress in Scarlett Dahlia by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Ariat
Purse: Dooney & Bourke
Necklace: Age Before Beauty
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this outfit on Christmas Eve. The colors in this dress are magnificent...this is by far the most stunning winter floral I have ever seen. Igigi, can you make me a wrap dress in this fabric, pretty please?? The style of this dress was not especially flattering on me. The top, particularly the semi-batwing sleeves...were sized as if for a much larger dress compared to the bottom, which was a perfect fit. The elastic waist hit me between my natural waist & below the bust, so I wore it hiked up slightly to achieve the empire look. It came with a solid black fabric belt, but as there were no belt loops...it did not stay in place to cover the elastic & I did not think it added anything visually...so I didn't wear it. I'd get this again & wear it with a cardigan to cover up the problem areas on top. Gorgeous pattern & color combination. 
Photos taken in Super Boo's parent's backyard up in the mountains before going to his grandma's house to celebrate Christmas Eve. My favorite part of Christmas with Super Boo's family is when we sing Christmas carols accompanied by piano or guitar. Singing I'll Be Home For Christmas next to him always makes me tear up. 
OPI nail polish, Lost on Lombard.
I adore these Cronert socks made in Italy. They stay up on me all day & fit my 19" calves fabulously, although the floral pattern does distort a bit. 
The colors *swoon*

No comments:

Post a Comment