Sunday, January 4, 2015

Batman, Beauty, Barbaresco, & Barolo

 Dress: Houndstooth A-Line Dress by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Cardigan: Avenue
Socks: Sock Dreams
Earring: ebay
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this outfit to work, to shop at Sephora, & attend wine tasting with the girlie. I adore houndstooth...I had the most lovely red & black houndstooth skirt back in the 80s...& a black & white cropped jacket. What all the houndstooth garments I've owned have had in common is that the pattern is cut out vertical to this dress. I have never seen the pattern placed this way...I felt like I was wearing Batman...do you see what I mean? So, I was not a huge fan of the Batman dress. It was shapeless & nowhere near as cute as this other black & white Taylor Dresses frock I wore the week before. It was the same nice thick winter fabric, only the houndstooth had pockets. This brand runs big, so I size down one. 
I had $20 to spend at Sephora for being a VIB member (you should sign up, they send you a code for 20% off your entire purchase twice a year & an extra bonus amount to spend in December), plus other credit from returned items, & some holes in my make-up collection. I realized I didn't have any purple, gold, or copper lipstick. Tragedy. I was able to pick up 2 Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Creams in Bordeaux & Burgundy to fill the purple void & Kat Von D in Gothica is a gorgeous copper with glitter bits...but there was no gold lipstick to be had in all of Sephoraland. When I go into Sephora, I like to go in with little to no make-up on so I can play. The Anastasia rep was there & she did my brows with Dipbrow, but it was a bit bolder than the results I get with their Brow Wiz & powder. I tried this Stila Stay All Day lipstick in Beso...wow...it was too beautiful to leave behind & unlike any red I already own. I also finally purchased the cult favorite Nars Orgasm blush...I've been using Luster (the browner blush below) & there are times I want something rosier. I've been using Urban Decay's Moondust eyeshadow in Stargazer (gold sparkle) quite a bit & loving it...so I got another color, Zodiac...it's a black/green sparkly shadow. What I left behind: the red shadow I am wearing here is part of a Dior 5-Colour eyeshadow set called Trafalgar...it is gorgeous, but not worth $60 to me. 
The MAC products pictured here are from the day before...I got both a cooper & gold lipstick, as well as a limited edition copper eyeshadow. 
Wine...delicious wine!
Batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment