Thursday, September 11, 2014

Concerts on the Square

Dress: Tropical Leaf Print Jersey Maxi Dress by Yours Clothing via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment, this offer ends in October)
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace & Earring: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this tropical maxi to work & to picnic with my girlies. Luckily, this dress arrived at my door brand new. Kate had it the same time I did & she said the second time she wore it, the pilling had already begun. The fabric was cheap, thin, & there was a seam right down the middle...also, the larger than necessary armholes showed off a bit of my bra. Kate seems to think this problem could be solved if I just got a nude bra, but I have never owned a nude bra...why start now?? So, that's a lot of negatives for something I had such fun wearing...but, as is the beauty of GB, it was just one time. I loved the bright print in colors & pattern I would never purchase, the maxi was a perfect length for me, & the neckline & cut were both flattering. 
Furthermore...this maxi matched this newly painted wall!
Plan B, a gay nightclub, asked Baltimore artist, Michael Owen, to paint one of his LOVE murals on the side of their building. He is the artist & creator of The Baltimore Love Project
Kate modeling a London Times dress...this is how a tropical maxi should be done! Oh, it felt so luxurious...I was full of envy & sad it was never sent to me. 
Olive LOVES Concerts on the Square! She takes after me & is quite the people watcher. 
Concerts on the Square take place on our capitol lawn...for 6 Wednesday evenings in the summer, The Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra plays beautiful music for the 20,000 people that gather there. Many of them start spreading their blankets on the lawn as soon as it is allowed at 3pm. We sit just across the street with the less serious people who like to talk...if you dare talk on the lawn, you are shushed. 
Picnic! I made us artichoke hummus wraps with veggie slaw & Kate brought the most essential thing...sparkling summer wine!
Witness our selfie endeavor. I'm impressed I kept my tongue mostly in my mouth. 
Olive the attack pit bull. She made a friend. A Southern gentleman came & sat with her for a while & got lots of kisses & photos...when he left us, he said, "thank you for letting me have company with your dog." Charming. 
Kate noticed, through a photo on Facebook, that our friend Anne was also at concert...we commented & she came to visit & also snapped this shot of all 3 of us. 
This dress also allowed me the opportunity to finally wear this seashell filled vintage watchcase necklace.

1 comment: