Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Batik Paper Workshop

 Dress: Braelyn Dress by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month, offer ends in October)
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Earrings: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this matte jersey faux-wrap dress to go garage sale-ing & to a batik workshop. The fabric on this dress felt marvelous & the color was such an intense blue...it was a delight to wear. Fully lined & much more modest than most wraps. I did feel like I could be singing in church in this dress...if only I could sing. 
I've been collecting kaleidoscopic patterned scarves at garage sales with a purpose...I want to sew them all together & make fluttery curtains that will dance in the breeze. Also, autumn toned Earth sandals. 
Batik paper by Laura from Anthology
Our library offers wonderful crafty classes for free, & I try to take advantage of them when I can...especially when they are taught by Laura. I've been fascinated by batik paper since Laura & her sister had garlands of them hanging at our downtown library in the windows...soooooo pretty. I had a delightful time learning this art & it is something I would enjoy practicing & perfecting. Next time I would bring cookie cutters & other metal objects to make patterns with (notice the bobbin images above). 
I am in love with this necklace...but I am wondering if it is time to reimagine it without the silk thread covered beads?
You can witness them fraying below...

No comments:

Post a Comment