Thursday, May 18, 2023

Mermaid Tattoo // Humbird // Red Apple Buffet

Dress: High-Low Wrap Dress by Hutch (size M) via Nuuly
Shoes: Fluevog, Fast Cars: Mille Miglia
All Jewelry: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
A sexy fruit dress...yes, please. This is a true wrap dress & I wanted to love it...but the fit up top was weird...somehow both too big & too small at the same time. There is no bra you could possibly wear with this dress as the front & sides are cut too low...so I didn't even try to hide it. I had to pin the front closed. The vibrant colors & tropical fruits were outstanding...the fabric felt nice & was a good warm weather weight. The lovely peach lining took care of the issue I usually have with high-low dresses...looking at the back of the fabric looks sloppy. 
This is perhaps the last time you'll see a bra disaster here since I had a boob lift...so I will no longer need to wear bras with dresses that make it difficult. SO exciting. 
My first time wearing these Mille Miglias...it was just International Fluevog Day & I considered getting these in pink or purple...finally decided on purple...then didn't get them. Perhaps in the future...do I need these in purple? I mean...one can never have enough purple shoes, right?!
Every time I wear this parure...I am so happy...I just love orange, green, & yellow together...& it makes me smile that I found this set in separate places. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero; RSVP, Ten, Lime Crime, & Candles eyeshadow by Lime Crime; Bite Beauty lipliner in 72; Nectar lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics; & Essie nail polish in Sexy Plunge. 
I first wore this dress to finish having my mermaid tattoo colored in...didn't Bear do an amazing job?! I wanted her to be a bit scary looking as opposed to merely pretty...& I like the results...
Later that day...Kate & I went to Stoughton to see Humbird...& a kind stranger offered to take our photo...
The band was good, however, we were in the second row...the front row (that I'm usually in) was populated by 4 young drunk girls (& one lone unrelated man) who couldn't stop talking during the show & the worst of the bunch was directly in front of me & she had brought a bottle of alcohol with her. I asked her to stop talking twice, as did both the woman & man next to me...she told us it was none of our business. This was not a bar...it's the type of venue where people sit & listen to the music quietly. But...despite all that...I still had a fun night with my girlie. 
The next morning...David & I drove to Chicago for an overnight trip. We had planned on going because we were seeing Sasha Velour...but I told David we could call it my birthday celebration. We do so many wonderful things that I no longer feel like I need to make a big deal on my special day...every day is special. In Chicago...we drove straight to Red Apple Buffet so we could eat lunch right when they opened at noon. 
I've wanted to go to this Polish smorgasbord for a while...I mean have you ever even heard of such a thing?! It was quite tasty, but I probably don't need to ever go again...it felt like a once in a lifetime sort of thing. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment