Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Artemisia

Dress: Floral A-Line Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 10) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
This was such an exquisitely ethereal floral frock. It appeared yellow on the website, but definitely looked cream in person. The fit at the chest was tight on me...I'm more typically an 8 & got this in a 10...no stretch at all. I felt like a princess in this dress & I'm sad I only got to wear it once...it was fairly fancy with the pale colors & embroidery. 
I'm not sure why this photographed so washed out...the colors were more vibrant in person. 
These green floral heels were an ideal match.
I think I don't wear pastels, but this Wendy Baker necklace gets worn a lot...so I guess I'm in denial. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon & Lucky, Mediteranee eyeshadow palette from Nars, UD eyeshadow in Radio & Guilt Trip, Bite Beauty lipliner in 72, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork & Nectar, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game? 
I wore this maxi out with David to see our final Forward play of the season, Artemisia. It was a tad chilly & the dress a bit tight with all my swelling from surgery (outfit photos were taken before because I anticipated the body change)...so I wore a vintage beaded cashmere cardigan...& no face make-up as we wear masks inside. 
This play was commissioned by Forward as part of World Premiere Wisconsin (which we've been greatly enjoying). Some art outside the theatre...
2023-24 season...we've already subscribed. I don't think I was aware of the subject of this play previously, Artemisia Gentileschi, a 17th century Italian Baroque painter. We were delighted with this world premiere play...stellar writing, witty dialogue...we were utterly smitten.  
We perused the books they had on display of hers after the show...the women she painted seemed to glow & come alive...her critique of male artists at the time was that their breasts all looked like grapefruits...she often used her own body as her model & painted strong rebellious women. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment