Sunday, January 10, 2021

New Fluevogs, Old Fluevogs

Dress: Orange & Navy Plaid Fit & Flare Dress by Eloquii (size 28)
Cardigan: Croft & Barrow (size 2x), thrifted
Shoes: Bandolino, thrifted 
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I'm not sure I've ever paired my favorite color, orange...the color of fun, with navy before? It's spectacular. I popped the tags off this Eloquii dress & wore it out in the world briefly. The fabric is so incredibly soft & cuddly...like wearing flannel sheets. The fit on this dress was spot on, with a nicely flared skirt & deep pockets. Does anyone use the zippers on the back of dresses? 
I don't think I've worn this cardigan before? At first I thought, oh, sequins are too blingy for this plaid flannel dress...but then I remembered that I like everything to be special & I chose it anyway. 
This is also my first wearing of this lovely carnelian necklace from Gayle...she has such a good eye for putting things together in her vintage inspired jewelry. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue; Jasper, Agate, & Azalea eyeshadow by Natasha Denona; Pumpkin Pie liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star, & OPI nail polish in Rising Star. 
Another evening full of the music of my youth...Planet Earth...I was especially excited to hear Specimen...I bought that extended single when it came out because the band looked so spectacularly goth (which I don't think was even a term back then?)...
Glenn Crytzer & his boys playing the songs of 1928. Another wonderful wine from Kate's cellar...I nursed this one glass for over 2 hours while watching Charlie Parr play live...I really enjoyed & savored it. It was like being at a real concert, but with much better wine. Matt DJ-ing some David Bowie songs ahead of Bowie's birthday. 
New Fluevogs from their sale...David didn't want to buy these for me for Christmas because he didn't like them...I LOVE them...red & copper...I know the floral pattern is a bit soft & dainty...but I think these will look amazing with any number of Effie's Heart dresses with their beige backgrounds. And an old pair of Fluevog Swordfish Sinead shoes found for a steal on the Fluemarket...they are in great used condition...I'm going to gold up that skull buckle & they'll be perfect. They are crying out for pants though...hmmm...perhaps a midi length sweeping skirt? 
On the last day of 2020 I bought both Kate & I a copy of Them Coulee Boys vinyl...because it was supposed to come with a certificate of completion of 2020...but it did not. We both wanted the record anyway. Michael Waite plays songs online from my hometown. The first part of my Snag order arrived...not sure why they sent it in 4 shipments...red fishnets, pink tights, & some black sharkie fishnets with super large holes for layering over colored tights. Also, after the terrorists stormed the capitol...we watched as these idiots protested the votes of the people of Pennsylvania. Disgraceful. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love that dress - it looks like flannel, so I was happy to read it is! I have a plaid flannel dress too, and adore it (although it doesn't have pockets, boo). The cardigan looks great with it, sequins and all!

    Woo, a fellow Fluevog lover! I very much approve of your new pair, and I love the Swordfish pair you found. I've also bought shoes via the Fluemarket, and occasionally browse for styles that I remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila! I've been on & off obsessed with Fluevogs since the 90s. Currently, obsessed.

      Delete