Sunday, January 3, 2021

Merry Christmas

Dress: Saratoga Dress in Giverny Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Circus by Sam Edelman via eBay 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace, Pin, & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I was thrilled to have this red Effie's Heart dress at home to wear for Christmas. And also happy that there appear to be more & more EH cold weather dresses available. I mean, I know I can add a cardigan to sleeveless dresses, but it seems silly to do so when the print & colors are so obviously meant for warmer temperatures. This dress was a fabulous fit & length...with pockets & a twirly skirt. This was my first time wearing a Saratoga Dress & it had a feature I haven't seen on an EH dress, the sleeves had ~6" cuffs that were tighter than the rest of the sleeve, but not that noticeable in photos. 
The neckline on this dress was extremely shallow...I prefer a bit more plunge...but this would be a great work dress for that reason. 
I decided to add this vintage Christmas Tree pin to my cameo necklace chain. My grandma gave this to me when I was very young & I don't often wear it because I forget about it during the appropriate time of year. Perhaps next year, assuming we are leaving the house again, I'll put it on my coat for the month of December. Can I be that organized? 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion; Kat von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper; Alchemy, Sonic, & Last Sin eyeshadow by UD; Auburn lip pencil from MAC; NYX lipstick in Alabama; & Lost on Lombard nail polish by OPI.
A sweet note on our salmon from Anna, the meat lady at the co-op. Michael Waite singing holiday songs with his family. Advent Calendar day #22...I remember loving this one. 
The final 2 days of the calendar...a larger perfume with a matching case. Of course...I never made smelling notes on any of the fragrances I sprayed on me all month long...I'll have to do it all over again. It was lovely wearing fragrance every day at home & trying new things. David & I thoroughly enjoyed Jinkx & Dela's Holiday Special...enough that it will join our collection of shows we watch in December. This year we also viewed A Christmas Carol (1938), Jack Frost (1st & only time), & Remember the Night (1940, 1st time, it will go into rotation). A surprise Christmas Eve performance by Glenn Crytzer of wonderful Christmas songs...including many originals. It was great because they were drinking boozy eggnog & were much funnier than usual. 
Kate sent me these 3 photos from her TimeHop on Christmas...15 years ago...David is so young. 8 years ago...the wine she picked out for our Christmas celebration. 
From my TimeHop...8 years ago, Sadie was a new dog! And our Polish Feast...I made golabki (stuffed cabbage rolls) & Angie & I made pierogis...potato cheddar & potato with homemade sauerkraut. So delicious. And 6 years ago...the girlie & I in matching dresses. 
I video chatted with Kate shortly after poking myself in the eye with eyeliner...it seems to be a special talent I have on holidays. It took that eye over a week until it stopped hurting & I could see out of it again. Brian called me while the girlie & I were talking & so I hung up to video chat with him, but he had a horrible connection, so it was cut short. Then...time for our Christmas dinner from Heritage Tavern. Sparkling wine from Michigan & deviled eggs to begin. 
These nuts were amazing! There is something so moreish about spiced nuts...& these had candied bacon as well...there were pecans, almonds, pumpkin seeds, & dried cranberries. Eating & drinking only required one eye, lucky for me. Roasted beet & pickled pear salad. David & I came across these dried orange slices while we were unpacking...we'd picked them together at David's grandma's house one Christmas. I dried them intending to make jewelry out of them, but David wants us to use them during the holidays as decoration...I was thinking perhaps a small garland for the fireplace mantle? 
David did a magnificent job reheating & cooking all the elements Heritage provided. The horseradish potato gratin was my favorite part of the entire meal...I mean, potatoes are delicious. The ginger molasses cake was also phenomenal. 
David & I exchanged John Fluevog shoes for Christmas presents this year...his Iggy's are my favorite...that spectacular color combination...blue, red, & burgundy. 
Planet Earth playing all my New Wave favorites. 
Glenn Crytzer Quartet playing songs from 1927...& Michael Waite, live from the U.P. 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment