Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Wasted on Arts & Literature

 Dress: Bell Sleeve Floral Dress by Connected Apparel (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Boots: Steve Madden
Earring, Necklace, & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I normally avoid shapeless shift dresses...but the colors in this one made me gasp...the alluring autumn shades with touches of gold metallic were marvelous. And I do love a bell sleeve. Had this been a fit & flare or a wrap dress...I would have made it mine. 
This dress was a tad too short to wear with just tights, so leggings to the rescue. 
Oh, hydrangeas...I adore you. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew, UD eyeshadow in Wanderlust & Stranded, Huda Beauty Coral Obsession palette, MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Coral Plated, & Deutsch You Want Me Baby? nail polish from OPI. 
I wore this outfit to attend the monthly Wasted wine group with Kate & David. The theme on this day was Arts & Literature....so we brought bottles of wine to match what we chose to share. Also, food...I made a citrus roasted beet kale salad with fennel that was delicious. 
It was a rather large group, ~25, so the couple hosting had to relocate to her parent's house for extra room. 
 My two favorite people <3
Sharing poetry, blurbs from books, music, photos from vacations, bits of film & TV...but no interpretive dance. I recited the first three lines of Sylvia Plath's Mad Girl's Love Song, the first two are tattooed on my right calf. 


I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

I played a piece of music by Zoe Keating in the background & to top off my crazy mad theme...a bottle of 2017 Channing Daughters Sylvanus Pet-Nat.
Red Red Wine ukulele sing-a-long & tasty food...my salad was scrumptious & Kate made some cashew curry dip that I couldn't stop eating. 
Kate read Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird by Wallace Stevens...the first line of the poem mentions snowy mountains & the grapes of her wine are grown in mountains that get snow...also, her shirt had mountains on it (which she forgot to mention), so when she was done...I said, & there are mountains on your shirt. Kate very proudly said, "I brought my mountains with me" & I laughed like a 12 year old. 

David ended the evening by reciting Sonnet XXX (Love is Not All) by Edna St. Vincent Millay...& he moved several people to tears. He served his Pedro Ximénez (a dessert wine) with vanilla gelato & a piece of his favorite 100% chocolate...it was divine. 
 Most of the bottles from whence we sipped...

No comments:

Post a Comment