Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Lula Wiles // The Bald Puppy Arrives // Gleam

 Dress: Short Sleeve Red Plaid Fit & Flare Dress by Jessica Howard (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Liz & Me, thrifted
Leggings: Torrid (size 4)
Shoes: Rampage, thrifted
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I'm mad for plaid...so I'm thrilled to see it among the fall fashion trends...so I can stock up. But not with this dress. Normally...orange, red, & olive plaid would be my thing, but the olive was too cool for me & read as grey unless you were close up. Also, it was tighter than I would prefer...but that's to be expected since this was a size 24. However, I had fun styling & wearing this dress. If it had been made in a 26 or 28, I would have had a difficult time not purchasing it. 
I was really happy with my pattern mixing with this outfit...sometimes it just comes together.
I am SO happy I bought this orange vintage bracelet...I wear it all the time. And I am dreadfully low on jewelry in the color of fun. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Stash (not the NYX liner pictured); Kat von D eyeshadow in Relic, Devil, Immaculate, & Alexandra; Santa Sangre lipstick by KvonD; Dozen Carnations lipstick from MAC; & OPI nail polish in Now Museum, Now You Don't. 
I first wore this outfit to see Lula Wiles at North Street Cabaret...these ladies were marvelous & will be coming back the end of February. Also...this is my favorite place to see live music in Madison. 
North Street Cabaret bathroom mirror selfie...looking at my healing tattoo.

I wore this outfit on another day to...meet the bald puppy!!! Who has way more hair than we were led to believe. He was less than 24 hours old here in the hospital. David is obsessed with this baby...if Angie & Toby invited him over every day to cuddle little Frederick, he would happily be there. Also, what an adorable baby. And I say that rarely. 

I spent the rest of the day going to garage sales...I bought a vintage bird cage on a stand & this marvelous...thing...I suspect you could hang clothes on it, but I'm going to use it for jewelry. Then I went to Ulta to play with make-up because they were having a 20% off sale. I ended up ordering online because the Urban Decay Naked Cherry collection was not in stores yet. 
Then...dinner with Kate at Lao Laan Xang before heading over to Gleam. 
This was not my favorite year of Gleam...the art installations were too spread out & did not have as much of a wow factor as some displays in the past. But it was still fun...because I was with my girlie, it was a full moon, & I like Olbrich Gardens at night. 
I got a picture of the full moon above...you can click on the photos to make them bigger...Kate complains that when I collage photos, they are too small. 
The red dome below was our favorite...you could sit in it & if you played with the large buttons in the center...it would change colors & make different sounds...it was soothing. I want one in my backyard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment