Sunday, February 19, 2017

Season 8: The Queens

 Dress: Peek-A-Boo Dress in Black by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Northcrest, thrifted
Tights: Catherines
Boots: Steve Madden
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Gift from Girls of GB Holiday Exchange
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
The problem with getting dressed while rushing out the door & never looking in a mirror...there are always things I wish I could change about most outfits I wear. In this ensemble...I would have clasped the necklace so it was choker length, worn a cropped cardigan, & fishnet stockings. Oh, well. 
I like the idea of these peek-a-boo dresses...but I haven't found the right one yet...here I am in blue...the flash of skin in that one is lace...I like that this one is fishnet. Perhaps a leopard top with a fishnet window & black skirt would be perfection for me?
When I get my craft room set up at our new house (this is going to be a while)...I am going to try cropping a long sweater...too much length looks sloppy. If it works out...all my cardigans will get cropped. 
I may have placed three orders during City Chic's fabulous sale...most of these dresses were only $15-20...& I like pretty dresses. Stop judging me, Kate. 
So far you've only seen me in the red with black flocking below (although the one I wore here was from GB...& looking for a better price on that dress is what led me to this...)...the purple one next to it should be up on the blog this week. 
The biggest miracle is...they all fit! I sometimes have issues with City Chic fitting me in their dresses that don't stretch. 
Season 8: The Queens. David & I are big fans of Drag Race & I was extremely excited when I learned my favorite...Acid Betty...was going to be along on this tour. 
As I was waiting at the venue for Super Boo to park the car...a guy came up to me & asked if I was Meshel...I stared at him for the longest time trying to figure out who he was...I couldn't place him...it turns out he was someone that was in cosmetology school at the same time we were. I didn't remember until later that I never liked him...but I don't remember why...he & his husband seemed nice. I can't believe he recognized me after nearly 30 years. 

We were over an hour early as we thought the show started at 7, when it was really 8...so we wandered next door to a chocolate shop. 
Acid Betty's 2 numbers were disappointing...but Kim Chi & Thorgy Thor were fantastic. 
 I need that yellow vinyl skirt!!
Back at Deconstruction Inc...we bought 2 of the 3 metal grapevine railings above...we are hoping to use them in our backyard leading up to the hot tub...which is perfect as we just learned last week that we have grapes in our yard. It was finally warm enough to wander around their outdoor area...so many amazing finds. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Brown & Jet Black, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Fireball, NYX eyeshadow palette in The Brights, Dozen Carnations lipstick by MAC, & OPI nail polish in Mod-ern Girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment