Sunday, February 12, 2017

Flames Attract Flames

 Dress: Zig-Zag Print Sweater Dress by Gabby Skye (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Boots: Steve Madden
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I end up wearing a lot of dresses a size too small because so many brands stop right before they get to me. My wish is that all brands would make all sizes...but I know that is just a dream. Had this dress actually come in my size...I most likely would have bought it because it looks like flames. I like flames. Why don't I have any flame leggings?! It was a bit too tight, thus a tad too short...but otherwise...this was a great sweater dress. 
Ducking inside the library for photos because it was too cold to be outside. 
Another trip to Deconstruction, Inc. David texted me a photo of this fireplace surround while I was working...& I gasped. I went with him to look at it in person, but I was already in love. They had just taken it out of a home in Fort Atkinson...can you imagine how many beauties like this are gone forever? We are going to put it in our living room. I still cannot believe I get to look at this work of art every day for the rest of my life. I feel very lucky. 
Both David & I were immediately attracted to the man in the centerpiece...it reminded him of William Blake's work & I was taken with the flames surrounding him & continuing around the opening...it is just stunning in person. It is currently living in the basement of our new home...along with all this ceiling tin...so many exciting plans for our new place. 
The above woodcut is by the current artist-in-residence at our main library, Jenie Gao. Super Boo & I went to a mostly worthless home show & I really liked this metallic floor coating. 
Between clients we went to Cafe Hollander our one & only time for a late lunch. The best thing about it was this repurposed ceiling as we walked in. The food was...food. The cheese curds were decent, but both our main meals were nothing special. David ordered his burger rare & it came well done (the manager very nicely remade his meal & didn't charge us). My chicken tater tot skillet could not be saved...it just tasted like salt...at least there were sweet potatoes. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero; Kat von D eyeshadow in Bloodmilk, Medusa, & Ankh; MAC Paintpot in Rubenesque; Cruella & Majella lipstick by Nars; & Little Red Wagon nail polish by OPI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment