Monday, August 29, 2016

Garage Sale-ing

 Dress: Work the Angle Dress in Red by Poppy & Bloom (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress (summer length)
Sandals: Born
Earring: Babil & Bijou (no longer online)
Necklace: A Luscious Thing
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Longtime followers of my blog will recognize this location as one of my favorites since the beginning. It is the former Madison Brass Works, built in the early 1900s...it has been vacant for some time, but was bought last December by a nearby community center. Quite often now there is machinery & other signs of life that lead me to believe this location may not be an option for photos much longer. And that makes me sad. I know they will fix the building up, rather than tear it down...but I prefer rust & decay to renovated spaces. Mostly, I hope they keep this glass wall. 
I adore these Poppy & Bloom Work the Angle dresses...I have worn them in several different prints, including coral abstract, cream & red geo print, geometric chevron print, & aqua geo print. This is my favorite pattern & color combo...& look how perfectly it goes with this necklace! I resisted buying it however, because it started lightly pilling the few times I wore it...it's the kind of soft cozy material that is meant to look lived in...& I'm not lacking in dresses I can wear casually. Of course...I would buy it if it showed up in the GB Shop for under $20. 
I LOVE garage sale-ing...in addition to finding finds & getting bargains...I like peeping at the parts I can see of people's houses (usually garages & yards). One of the garages I went to on this day was lined with all different kinds & colors of metal lockers. It was so neat & tidy...& fun to look at. Another woman's garage had every inch of wall space decorated...one wall was all celestial...another was covered in vintage metal bits. She was also selling quite an array of fantasy landscapes she had created on Lazy Susans that I thought would make excellent fairy gardens. 
My finds this day...gold roses shower hooks, an angel shelf, cement gargoyle, & a red bundt pan. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Gonzo, NYX eyeshadow palette in Brights, Head in the Clouds lipstick by MAC, & OPI nail polish in Teal the Cows Come Home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment