Friday, August 5, 2016

Eurydice at American Players Theatre

 Dress: Penelope Dress in Green Floral Print by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: gift from Suz via Girls of GB swap
Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Holy buckets, this dress was bright...it doesn't show up in photos though. It gave me a total 70s vibe. Orange & green are my favorite colors...so it worked for me. Great length & fit...lovely summer dress. I was most excited to be able to wear this necklace I got from Suz in The Girls of GB jewelry swap from last year. 
 Into the woods...
David, Kate, Jason, & I went out to Spring Green to see Eurydice at APT. I spiralized some zucchini & made us a thai peanut salad...Kate brought bubbles & fruit from the market...picnic...
Ever since David discovered hemp hearts at CostCo...we put them on everything. 
 Kate & Jason walking up to the theatre among native flowers. 
Kate & Jason being cute...which is the only thing they know how to be when they are together. 
The Madison Rep world premiered Eurydice by Sarah Ruhl back in 2003...I think I saw it 6 or 7 times. I was in love with it. When it was announced it was being performed at APT, Kate & I bought tickets to 3 shows...wondering if that was going to be enough...but figuring we could always add more later. So disappointing. It was not the play we remembered at all. The play we remembered was like one long poem that put you in a dreamlike trance. It made me cry each time I saw it & moved me so deeply that it has stayed with me 13 years. I have the poster framed right above my desk & I look at it every day. The 2 photos of the play above were taken from The Cap Times online. 
I went to a fun garage sale of 2 funky grandmas...this vintage yellow purse was an exciting find...I don't have nearly enough yellow in my wardrobe. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Sephora eyeliner in Brown, NYX shadow palette in Brights, Make Up For Ever eyeshadow in Lime & Tangerine, Kat von D eyeshadow in Legend, Bite Beauty lipstick in Blood Orange, MAC lipstick in Korean Candy, OPI polish in My Gecko Does Tricks, & Colors by Llarowe in Woodstock on top. 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment