Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Legendary Shack Shakers @ The Shitty Barn

 Dress: Maxi Dress in Jade & Peacock by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals:
Earring: Babil & Bijou
Necklace: Vintage
Bracelet: Debby Anderson
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Another gorgeous goddess maxi dress...& my first ever maxi from Kiyonna. This dress stays put long enough to look stunning in photos...however, in real life...the top is a mess. The shoulders kept falling down, which wouldn't have been such a big deal...but the entire right side of my (orange) bra was exposed to the masses nearly every time. Otherwise, I love this dress...but the ill-fitting top makes this too high maintenance to wear. It would be worth fashion taping it to your body to wear once...but that didn't work for me outside on a hot day...but perhaps indoors it would. 
The plunge bra I wore allowed me to show maximum cleavage & back without showing any bra (if you don't count the dozen times the dress slide half off my body). Lane Bryant's plunge bras are the plungiest I've found & really work well for me. 
Picnic at The Barn...YUM! Angie, Toby, Kate, & I all brought delicious vegan food to share. 
I pull this face a lot...I'm not sure why...at least my mouth is closed. I held onto this dress for weeks waiting for a fancier occasion to occur...but since it never did...overdressed at The Barn. Kate inside the Shitty Dance Zone...which was most of the barn on this evening.
 J.D. Wilkes puts on the best show no matter what band he's touring with...we saw him earlier this year at The High Noon Saloon with his wife, Jessica Wilkes, opening...& 2 years ago at The Barn as J.D. Wilkes & The Dirt Daubers (similar line-up, but with his wife on standup bass).
Crowd surfing & jumping up on all the surfaces.
J.D. declared Kate's shake legendary...she shimmied the entire show. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Junkie; UD eyeshadow in Bondage, Alchemy, & Dust; NYX Pro Lip Cream Palette in The Plums; & OPI nail polish in What's the Hatter with You? 
I'm linking to Visible Monday on Not Dead Yet Style

1 comment:

  1. I thought the two sleeves were the same colour until the last two pics there. :) when I spotted that I had to scroll back up and convince my eyes they were really seeing two different shades! :)

    ReplyDelete