Thursday, June 16, 2016

Memorial Weekend

 Dress: Polka Dot Dress with Bell Sleeves by Julian Taylor (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: Torrid
Sandals: Array, thrifted
Necklace, Earring, & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I put on this dress & found it loathsome...but I wore it out of the house anyway because I wear everything I get from GB unless it just doesn't fit on my body. I did like the bell sleeves, which was the reason I closeted it in the first place. That's it...its only redeemable quality. I hated the way the fabric felt...heavy & rough, the mismatched seam right down the middle...yuck, & the hook at the top of the keyhole neck didn't want to stay latched. This was my first time wearing these watermelon leggings & they were fairly adorable & perfect for a weekend cookout. 
David & I farmers' marketed together & ran some errands...on our way home, he saved a darling family of geese who were trying to cross the beltline, but there were barriers on both sides...so David shepherded them to a grassy area by driving sllllloooowwwlly next to them...making no friends with any of the other drivers. But...fuzzy little goslings...I hope they found their way to a friendlier goose location. 
Birthday cookout for Angie's friend Tony. Angie made me a yummy cocktail. Did you know there were *yellow* peonies?!?
Angie & David deep in conversation just before the storm. Delicious food was enjoyed underneath the protection of tents.
Savers 50% off sale finds...not much this time around. Leopard leggings & an Old Navy dress to wear to bed & a pretty paisley top for me...some summery shirts for Super Boo. 
My (watermelon inspired) make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Sephora eyeliner in Brown, UD eyeshadow in Dragon & Alien, & Quince lipstick by Bite Beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment