Thursday, December 17, 2015

Wit & Wanderlust

 Dress: Spring Forward Dress in Paisley Print by Poppy & Bloom (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Avenue
Shoes: Moda Spana, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble on various days to farmers' market, work, & to run errands. When I first spied this dress on Poppy & Bloom, I swooned...paisley print! pattern mixing! And it has the best name...Wit & Wanderlust (GB changed it). Then it showed up on GB!!! My heart fluttered...it would be MINE! Crushed. My size was missing. GB does this heartbreaking thing...they carry brands that come in my size, but don't always buy my size. I don't think they understand how devastating that is. I have a decent body image & I'm used to being left out of fashion. I may peruse Anthropologie or page through Vogue, however, I already know nothing I see is going to fit me. But I know which brands fit me on GB. So I look for those brands & get excited when I see something I love. And when I discover it isn't carried in my size, I feel a deep sadness...it's agonizing. I know...it's only a dress, but it really affects me. This dress fit me in a 3x well enough to wear, but not enough to purchase. I adored the ruched v-neck, the empire waist, & perfect at-the-knee length. There are so many colors represented here that there would be endless combinations of teggings & sandals in the summer, as well as cardigans, tights, socks, & shoes in the cooler months. This is truly a year round dress. 
After farmers' marketing together, I drove Kate to a segment of the Ice Age Trail for her to hike. I typically drive her to her destination & Jason picks her up. I had a $5 off coupon at Ulta...couldn't let that go to waste, plus Real Techniques & NYX were both buy one, get one 50% off. 
After Thanksgiving sale on acorns & pumpkins. And! My Girls of GB Secret Santa gift! The lovely Eileen was my gifter & she got me this marvelous necklace from etsy. I adore it & you will be seeing it here in the future. It's not my fault that Ulta had a 20% off sale...I've been lusting after UD Junkie eyeliner for quite some time...& NYX and Real Techniques still had BOGO 50% off. I actually needed more eye brushes & these 2 sets together were cheaper than ONE MAC make-up brush. Justified. Also, I've been wanting to try NYX eyebrow pencil because I can buy 4 of them for the price of one Anastasia, which I currently use. 
Black Friday sales came in the mail...I know it's a terrible photo, but pictured are a Kiyonna Whimsey Wrap Dress in Red that I bought from a resale group on FB, a green lace Luna Dress from Kiyonna's $40 sale, & 2 pairs of plaid leggings from the 50% off sale at Torrid. And from Catherines 50% off sale...2 pairs of black tights & my first ever shaper panties...I bought them in a size larger than I need because I don't want them to be too tight. I'll let you if I wear them on here & show you with & without photos. 
And finally...Sephora sends out $20 coupons at the end of the year & this Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette happened to be released during the sale...& this UD Flushed palette was on sale for $15...I don't normally contour or highlight because I can't see a difference, but I'm going to play around with it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Deep Blue eyeliner by NYX, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Freeze & Undone, & NYX Simply Red lipstick in Russian Roulette. 

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! We love how color-coordinated you are. Thanks for featuring our tights! :)

    ReplyDelete