Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Orange & Oranges

 Dress: Taylor Wrap Dress by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Clarks, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress yesterday...a gorgeous day in Northern California...60s & sunny is perfect December weather for this midwestern girl. We spent the day at David's grandma's house helping her get ready for Christmas, running errands, & dinner at his parent's home. I wanted to love this dress...it's got my favorite color, orange, in it...& Halloween colors...yes, please! However, these dresses with a solid color on top & patterned skirt never quite work for me...perhaps it needed a belt to break it up, but I'm not really the belt wearing kind & it was too warm for a cardigan. I ADORED the skirt print, colors, & fabric...that photo negative flower pattern was superb. The top was impossibly large & even fashion tape could not prevent it from gaping open when I sat...a very sloppy look. The slit over the left knee was a sexy little touch.
I have eaten approximately 70 mandarins since we got here & about a dozen Meyer lemons (in my Pellegrino, David eats them like apples). They are ridiculously delicious. Despite loving this orange tree for a photo background...I have yet to eat any oranges.
We brought our dog, Rye, with us because we've had him such a short amount of time that we didn't want him to think we abandoned him. David has an RV parked in his parent's side yard so he has a private place to stay when he visits...I got up yesterday morning & closed the door to the bedroom after me...& Rye kept his nose stuck under the door the whole time...adorable!! It's been wonderful having him out here with us.
 David's mom makes the best duck...dinner was delightful. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Sephora eyeliner in Brown, Sugarpill eyeshadow in Flamepoint, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Half Baked & Smog, & a mixture of Bite Beauty lipsticks in Blood Orange & Toast.

1 comment: