Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Crackle, Fire, & Froth

 Dress: Taryn Dress in Scarlett Dahlia by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Necklace, Earring, & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this frock to work, farmers' market, to hang out with the girlie, & to wander around at night. This fabric *swoon*...I was in love the moment I saw it...first I wore it in another dress, then as a top...& none of them were quite right. Igigi sold it directly on their site as a wrap dress last year & I suspect that would have been the perfect one for me. This dress runs larger than most Igigi, so I should have sized down as I felt it was fairly shapeless. There was no saving the cut of this dress on my body, though...I mean...just look at that asymmetrical drop waist looking line across my belly...ugh. Still, such gorgeous colors...a perfect fall floral. 
Farmers' market with the girlie...she is above the 'You Are Awesome' sign picking out delicata squash, but I couldn't fit her into the collage. Pretty fence on our way to lunch at Ha Long Bay...crispy rice noodles. Then back to Kate's place for wine & girlie hang out time...
 With record listening!
Crackle, Fire, & Froth! We thought we had missed this, but Kate texted me to let me know it was going on & in fact, had started nearly an hour ago. I put my bra back on & headed out. Olbrich Gardens was celebrating fall with multiple bonfires, live music, food, & drink. But mostly I was interested in seeing Gleam, art & light installations throughout the garden grounds & thought a night of bonfires would be the perfect background. I arrived 1/2 way through a 3 hour event...& even though many people had already left...they would not let me buy a ticket as they were sold out. 
Then I remembered that Kate wandered in by chance last year as she was taking her nightly walk...lured in by the warm wafts of air...she walked through a back gate. So, I snuck in...& I'll admit it...it was WAY more fun that way...a lone adventure in the dark. Except for admiring the myriad pumpkins along the paths...I ignored the revelry & meandered along the Gleam route...enchanted by the sparkling lights & the full moon. 
By far my favorite installation was a garden of lit tongues carved with words. I want to go back before it's gone as I wasn't able to take it all in on just one visit. 
My make-up with this dress included...Deep Burgundy eyeliner by Stila; Alchemy, Bondage, & Sonic eyeshadows from Urban Decay; Buttercupcake eyeshadow by Sugarpill; Nars lipstick in Golshan; & Marooned on Mammoth by OPI on my nails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment