Sunday, October 25, 2015

Gwynnie Bee Inspired by You Tour: Chicago

 Dress: Dominique Dress in Cerise Curve by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Boots: Fluevog
Purse: Dooney & Bourke, present from Super Boo
Necklace: former etsy seller
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo, Me, & Alyssa Hubner
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to drive to Chicago for the GB Inspired by You tour. This faux wrap from Igigi was lovely...great length, perfect fit, & marvelous pattern. I've worn this fabric in a topanother dress, but I think this one is my favorite...although the other dress was quite marvelous as well. While this is light enough to be worn all year...doesn't it just look like autumn?? 
These photos were taken with an iPhone 6...after struggling for a few years with the Canon Rebel Super Boo bought me for Christmas...we are going to go back to phone photos. Having to set up the tripod, especially when the metal is freezing in the winter, just isn't fun...& my blog is supposed to be fun. The only thing I will miss about the Canon is the comments. I think the tripod gets more attention than just snapping pics with a phone. My favorite comment in this spot came from a woman riding by on her bike, who shouted, "you are 10 times more beautiful than any model in a motherfucking magazine. I'm serious...10 times more beautiful." 
I drove down to Chicago for the GB tour...& I was a whole 25 hours early. After some phone calls & emails, they generously fit me in an hour before the event began...so I had some time to kill. After relaxing in the lobby of the Waldorf Astoria & enjoying this splendid fountain outside, I was incredibly excited to discover a restaurant that served frog legs just a few blocks from the hotel...lunch! Unfortunately, they are only open for dinner, so I ate next door at Gibsons Steakhouse. When I was a little girl, my paternal grandmother used to take me out to eat at fancy restaurants in downtown Detroit & she'd typically order frog legs, so I did too...so even though they don't appear on many menus any more...I still think they are tasty & fill me with nostalgia.
French Dip with fries. Apparently, this place is famous as the walls are lined with signed celebrity photos...including the cast of The Sopranos. 
Finally, 4 o'clock came & I got to meet the infamous Lisa I had corresponded with many times & talked to on the phone...she was just as delightful & cute in person. And...I got to try on clothes that hadn't been released yet. I tried on about 8 things...the Igigi dress was the same style as the one I had been wearing, but with more muted colors...the house brand top was a surprise hit...but the biggest shock was that my favorite garment of the event was this house brand faux wrap dress...those colors! That pattern!!
After I chose my favorite outfit, I wrote reviews of the garments I had tried on, then had my make-up done by the lovely Nika, then wandered around the hotel inside & out with the photographer, Alyssa...& had a bunch of photos taken. So much fun!
These are the faces I make in many of the photos I end up deleting...I'm just grateful she didn't use any of the ones with my tongue sticking out...I know she must have gotten several of those! 
Everyone at the event was incredibly nice & I got to meet the delightful Michelle from The Girls of GB...although we scarcely had time to say more than a few words...doesn't she look radiant...
Speaking of radiant...the light was just perfect in this spot...this is how I appear to myself when I look in the mirror...so often I see close up photos of myself & think...when did I get so old?! I'll just stand here from now on...
My make-up with this dress included...Stila eyeliner in Deep Burgundy; Alchemy, Bondage, Sonic, & Angel eyeshadows by Urban Decay; Nars Cruella lipstick, & Little Red Wagon by OPI on my nails. 

4 comments:

  1. I love the one that was your favourite - great colours and pattern. For some reason it makes me think of Japan. But what I most love about this post is seeing your different faces that you would normally delete. Never delete them again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dominique Dress in Cerise Curve looks like it was made just for you! Those colors match you beautifully! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that Dominique dress is to die for, and so perfect for Autumn! It's killer with your colouring too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must agree with the bicycle girl. Plus, people who ride bicycles are inherently charming and intelligent (says the avid cyclist). :) I love your blog...so glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete