Monday, April 21, 2014

Wisconsin Film Festival 2014

 Dress: Island Print Maxi Tank Dress from Karen Kane via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Cardigan: Avenue 
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Fluevogs
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo (iPhone)
Super Boo caught this candid shot of Kate wiping away some fallout from my eyeliner & I kind of love the face I'm making. 

I wore this dress to attend a full day of movies at The WI Film Fest, day 3. I loved the fit & comfort of this maxi dress, & it was the perfect length for me. It was fairly low cut, & I would not have worn this dress to work. My only complaint about this dress is completely personal...I am not a fan of the aztec print, but it was fun to wear once. I did adore the mocha color...that is the color of my coffee...lots of cream. I also was pleased at how well it went with the striped socks.
I nearly didn't get any photos of this dress, but luckily there was a fire alarm right before our first movie began. Kate & I wandered outside, while Super Boo was just getting to the venue & pictures were taken. The guy above in striped pants...this is how everyone around here dresses when there is "a game"...in this case, it was basketball. I don't get it. I'm not a fan of any sport. 
 
The Wisconsin Film Festival is one of the things I look forward to most each year. It is currently 8 days of films shown in various theaters around town. We get paper copies of the film schedule 2 days before tickets go on sale & read through each description, noting the ones of interest...then we have to make the difficult decision of which movies to keep, there are always conflicts & it is agonizing to get our schedule set. This year Super Boo & I got tickets for 23 movies. We made it to most of them. Ok, we skipped 6...that's still most of them. My favorites of this year's festival were: You & The Night (France); 20,000 Days on Earth (Nick Cave *swoon*); Coherence (USA); Le Weekend (UK); The Rocket (Australia, Laos); & Cannibal (Spain).

No comments:

Post a Comment