Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Great Closet Clean-Out of 2014, Part III

 Top: Short Sleeve Zig-Zag Print Top from American Rag via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
I wore this outfit to clean out my closet with Kate & Angie. I hated the top, I don't know why...I love zig-zags...I just wasn't feeling it. So here I am without make-up & not putting any effort into making this top look nice. But look how cute Kate is in this Lands' End dress! 
My closet was overwhelming me. I have a difficult time getting rid of things, so my goal for this day was to get rid of 10 things. I really didn't think I could do it. I didn't even know where to begin. So I started at the far end of my closet & pulled everything out one by one while Angie, Kate, Oscar, Olive, & Sadie (Angie's dog) critiqued each piece from the bed. If both Kate & Angie didn't like an item of clothing...I usually got rid of it. It wasn't even as painful as I thought it would be. 
In the end, I eliminated about 50 items from my closet...look at all those empty hangers!
So much space! After this photo, I was able to hang up all my cardigans in the closet with room to spare. We did not get to my 2 overflowing shelves of sweaters & t-shirts...another day. Thank you Kate & Angie!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, 50 things? I am very impressed, I don't think I could have done that, but then again I don't think I have 50 things in my closet. You both look cute as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was shocked I was able to get rid of so many things...I'm a total pack rat. It felt really good to rid myself of clothes I knew I'd never wear.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for posting a real picture of you in that zigzag top! I've been pondering over it on gwynniebee, and you actually made up my mind for me, I'm totally ordering it! Lol, even if you didn't like it much I seriously think it looks adorable on you, and hope it looks half as cute on me! Please keep reviewing and posting 'real' pictures for the rest of us. Hope I can be as brave as you and do the same for others! :)

    ReplyDelete