Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Who's Your Baghdaddy? Or How I Started The Iraq War // Sal's After Hours

Dress: Printed V-Neck Dress from Plenty by Tracy Reese (size M) via Nuuly
Sandals: Fluevog, Picnic: Kerry
All Jewelry: Colleen Toland
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
All the colors...all the patterns...of course I adored this dress. It caught my eye in the Anthropologie window, so I was pleased to get it from Nuuly. Slip dresses are not the most flattering on a pear-shaped figure...but I don't mind stepping outside my fit & flare comfort zone. A great maxi length on me as I could have worn flats if I wanted to, adjustable straps, zip up back, not bra friendly. 
These Fluevogs are a bit too chunky for this dress...I wanted to wear some purple snake print heels...but I could only find one of them...now you know the state of my closet.
I think these are my most worn Fluevogs...it's easy to find outfits to wear with them with all those colors. 
Bruised from surgery...
I wore this dress to see a play at UW with David...but first, pictures at the capitol...then a walk to Memorial Union...it was a hot day & these kids had the right idea. A client recommended Who's Your Baghdaddy? Or How I Started The Iraq War. I looked it up & I was skeptical...it sounded horrible...a musical comedy about the Iraq war...hmmmm...but...I trust this person, so we got tickets & went. We were greeted with doughnuts (declined...chain, not local...snob) & a friendly welcoming vibe. It became clear we were at a support group meeting & all the actors were talking to us in character like they knew us or were happy to meet us. 
This play was delightful...singing, dancing, rapping, hilariously funny & serious too. I'm so happy we took a chance. Afterwards, we were hungry...but all the kitchens in Madison close at 10...however, we discovered that Sal's on Livingston will serve you pizza at the bar until 11...we dashed on over. I began with a seasonal cocktail, A Currant Affair (Death's Door gin, Aperitivo Nonini, champagne currant syrup, lemon), garnished with market currants...it was fantastic. Sultry selfie. 
David had a Blackberry Jalapeño Marg (Agave de Oro Blanco, Clockwork Orange, blackberry jalapeno syrup, lime). Then...the pies...for David, Fat Uncle Tony (mozzarella/romano, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, red sauce, basil), while I chose a Pie Elote (mozzarella, roasted corn, bacon, Calabrian chili, Serrano chili & lime mayo, tajin spice, micro cilantro)...my pizza was outstanding...they both were, but this was my first corn pie. 
We had a lovely friendly bartender, Jamison, who made sitting at the bar fun. One more drink before heading home...David got The Old Razzle Dazzle (Sal's single barrel Wollersheim Two Mile bourbon, amaro nonino, raspberry mint syrup, lime) & I had The Final Flight (Death's Door gin, heirloom genepy, creme de violette, lime). A completely enjoyable evening. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment