Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Thrifting // Epoxy Class

Dress: Cinnamon Tiered Fit & Flare Midi Dress by Taylor Dresses (size 8) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Dansko
Earring: etXarte
Necklace, Bracelets, & Purse: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
This cinnamon maxi dress (not sure why GB called it a midi) was definitely my color...I was tempted to purchase it, but decided it was too plain. The fabric felt cheap & one of the tassels fell off the first time I wore it. It was a great fit, comfortable, & easy to throw on & go. 
I nearly went with brown sandals, then I remembered these multi-colored snake print Dansko sandals I bought on Poshmark last year...I liked them so much I got them in 3 colorways. I find I tend to wear shoes more when there are a variety of hues. 
I think I put on a different necklace every time I wore this dress...I just had so many to choose from. 
My make-up with this outfit included Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch & Lucky, Natasha Denona eyeshadow in, NYX lipliner in Pumpkin, Hypnotic Rust lipstick by Make Up For Ever, & OPI nail polish in A Woman’s Prague-ative. 
Look what I found!!! These were one of my Fluenicorns & I can't believe they are mine...thanks to the Fluemarket. Because of our CSA, we've always got an abundance of tomatoes...so I decided to roast them before they went bad...& I fried up some chicken thighs to go with them...& roasted cauliflower. All veggies taste amazing roasted. 
A trip to Goodwill in Middleton before a nurse appointment to take out the rest of my stitches & staples. 
I have been finding more separates lately...more opportunities for pattern mixing. 
It was Monday, & the 1/2 price tag of the day was blue. I got this black velvet DKNY body suit for $4. 
My chin stitches had already been taken out...this appointment was for the remaining ones, plus staples. There was/is still a lot of swelling. 
A trip to Costco...& home for dinner. I roasted some veggies & David grilled us ribeyes. I wore this dress to work a few times...& to the Wednesday downtown farmers' market, followed by a carwash. 
On another day, I got a haircut & made our go-to meal. David's hat was ready to be picked up from our haberdasher...isn't it cute?!
Since we were already out & about...why not try someplace new for a meal? At Settle Down Tavern...David had a Bloody Mary & I tried the Uecker? Or Euchre? (mezcal, Ancho Reyes Verde, ginger beer). We had to get an order of Cheese Puppies (how genius is that to combine hushpuppies & cheese curds?!) because we enjoyed them so much several months back at their sister restaurant, Turn Key. David also ordered Ghost Fries (spicy! served with blue cheese) & a Lambwich (Underground gyro meat, harissa, feta, sliced cucumbers, arugula) & I got the Friday Fish Fry. Our fries were so salty, we had to send them back...& they brought us 2 enormous platefuls of fries to replace them...that we had no hope of finishing. 
Our sever also brought us some Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats as an apology...they weren't on the menu & we told him...it was the perfect bite to end the meal. The walls were covered in what looked like random photos they'd found at garage sales across Wisconsin. Afterwards...we decided to head over to St. Vinny's on Odana Rd...what luck...a surprise 50% off dresses!!!
I always find SO many dresses here! That pink number is from Coolibar, so it's got sun protection built in...I sent the photo on to Kate, but since she didn't want it, I nabbed it...I hate applying sunblock. I was smitten with this bright chartreuse dress until I noticed there was a border of little girls in pigtails holding hands. 
Endless dresses...
I only looked at dresses...but since David was done way before me...he kept bringing me other stuff to try on. 
The blue backless dress is from Free People (Anthropologie).
Of course...I came home with a load of new clothes...
And David really scored too...
Our CSA last Thursday. After fetching Kate from work...we drove to Jacknife to pick up our dinner order & enjoy our meal outside...before heading over to our Pour Your Own Epoxy class. 
Facebook advertised this class to me & it looked fun…I opted to make a cutting board & Kate decided on a Lazy Susan based on Jason’s enthusiasm for them. 
We had to choose 2 colors…Kate went with purple & turquoise, while I picked copper & chameleon (color changing)…copper copper copper copper copper chameleon. The wood is from fallen black walnut trees in Wisconsin, IIRC. 
We could use other people’s colors too, so I nabbed some of Kate’s purple…I loved how it looked right here, but it settled into a completely different pattern by the time we left. 
This was a fully packed class…held in the back room of Old Sugar Distillery. The last time we were there was to see Eliza Rickman playing a birthday party…which was also thanks to Facebook. Sometimes their spying is for good. 
Ta-da! Our projects had a sleepover, then went back to their shop to be cured, planed, sanded, & waxed. We’ll get to pick them up in 2 weeks. The class was really fun & I’m so glad my girlie took it with me. 
Caught in the act of taking pictures of everything. I came home to some Chie Mihara shoes I bid the starting price of $19.99 & won…they’ll go with a lot of outfits. I also picked up some stuff I needed at the beauty supply…& ANiU was having a product sale, so I picked up some things I was out of. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment