Friday, September 1, 2023

The Liar // Bob The Drag Queen


Dress: Darcy Floral Midi Dress by Traffic People (size M) via Poshmark
Sandals: Fluevog, Picnic: Kerry
Purse, Earrings, & Bracelets: Vintage
Necklaces: bel monili 
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Such a colorful flower power dress on a dramatic black background, no stretch to the fabric...gathering at the bust, smocking in back...should have had a better fit, but it was slightly loose at the waist...might benefit from a wide 80s belt. Those tiny straps really stayed on my shoulders though...surprisingly. Great summer dress. 
I first heard about this brand, Traffic People, because of Lela Boutique in Milwaukee...they had a pair of wide legged pants with a similar colorful flower pattern that I fell in love with...then went searching for online in hopes of finding them cheaper. I was only able to find them for more $$, but I discovered several cute dresses along the way for bargain prices. 
And of course, the best part of the outfit is the Fluevogs on my feet.
I asked David to decide between these two necklaces...& then noticed they nested together nicely...so why not wear both?
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Clinique black liquid liner, Huda Beauty Neon palette, Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD, & OPI nail polish in A Red-vival City.
I first wore this dress back in July to have a consultation with the plastic surgeon who fixed my face...I had met him before & liked him right away. Some people act like they are good at something, but I could tell he was confidently competent. David went to Batch to get a friend of his a birthday treat...& got some for us too. YUM.
This was SO long ago...back in July when summer was still all before us. The Liar, round 2...the non-rained out edition. A beautiful evening for a picnic with my 2 favorite humans. I made us a roasted salmon salad with whole lemon dressing...with berries & Batch for dessert. Kate brought a bottle of our favorite non-alcoholic sparkling wine from her previous tasting, Joyus. David taking my hat back to the truck. Sparkly batty-bat!!! Kate had seen this little guy last time & we had to have one for our tree...bats soar & swoop during outside performances. We had extra time...so we took a walk on the wild side...a kind stranger offered to take a photo of all of us. I remember when I couldn't walk up the regular hill, let alone this meandering trail...it's so pretty & very few people take this way up.Spring Green is in such a beautiful area...Our seats were not nearly as good as the first time (second row center), but we stayed dry & got to see the entire performance. This may be the funniest play APT has ever produced...a hilariously delightful romp. David got 2 pairs of shoes during the Fluevog sale...the brighter ones were sold out in the U.S., & down to the last pair in his size in Canada...at the same store I found my gorgeous orange heels at. Market flowers make me happy.The day after surgery...getting my drains removed. Check out that rockstar parking I scored at Costco...loading up on a few things we get from there. Watering Kate's plants while she was on vacation. The go-to dinner. And the 10pm show of Bob The Drag Queen! He sold out last time he was here (multiple nights) before I even heard about it...so we were excited to go. I wrapped my compressed chin strapped head in a colorful vintage scarf & I was...the mysterious woman with the ice cream drink. Bob was fast & witty...it was all improv with the audience & it was fabulously entertaining. Some chick had the nerve to ask him, what's your excuse for that outfit?! It was spectacular...all gold & glittery with that snatched waist. He had her come up on stage & she was wearing an Amazon skirt & top in mismatched blacks...but she was in her 20s, it was her birthday, & she was drunk so she thought she looked cute & was posing up a storm. The next morning...farmers' market, a car wash for Veronika, & home to make tomato soup. Smiling sunflowers. I picked up 20+ pounds of heirloom tomato 2nds from Shirley at Young Earth Farm...aren't they stunning?I made a creamy tomato soup to freeze so we have a bit of summer all winter long. I roasted several heads of garlic for it, but next time I think I should roast a few pans of the tomatoes as well for more depth of flavor. Taking a break from cooking to finally eat the crab legs we bought for New Year's Day...with sweet corn from our CSA...all on the grill. Delicious. So much soup! We will love coming home to this after a busy day at work. Trying on the dresses I got at Elkhorn...they both fit nicely! I'm especially excited to wear that fall number. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment