Friday, August 6, 2021

Beyond Van Gogh

Dress: Hot Air Balloon Fit & Flare Dress by Unique Vintage x GB (size 2x) via Gwynnie Bee 
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Sandals: Array, thrifted
Earring: Wendy Baker
All other jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 47-45-65
Cutesy air balloon dress...I would have liked it more had it not been blue & pink...that always makes me feel like a baby gender reveal. But this was a fun dress to wear. The fit was good, great length & fit & flare silhouette. 
I was trying to remember when fit & flare became a thing for me? The 80s was more dropped waist...I had a lot of those back in high school...& I would wear a belt with them. I wonder if those belts had a name...I LOVED them. They were on your natural waist in back, but in front they dipped down. I also had a bunch of fit & flare dresses back then because of all my vintage clothing. Soooooo many cute dresses I wish I hadn't given away. 
Let's talk about how great this wall is. This flamingo mural is painted on the side of a laundromat that I could see from my first apartment in Madison...waaaaaay back in 1989. I pass this adorable wall all the time, but it didn't seem to be a good wall for pictures because of the way it faces...BUT. It was meant to be. We drove all the back roads on this day to get to & from Milwaukee...because we were still breaking in Veronika. We looked for locations for photos, but never found one. Then, driving back to our side of town after dropping off Kate...there it was. 
I'm on one leg...like a flamingo.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Love Drug, Rose Burst & Blue Sky eyeshadow from Lime Crime, NYX lipliner in Fuchsia, Quince lipstick by Bite Beauty, Big Bang lipstick from UD, & You're A Pisa Work nail polish by OPI. 
We started off our Saturday in the usual way...farmers' market. Then Kate, David, & I piled into Veronika for a road trip to Milwaukee. We took the back roads since we were still in the break-in period, under 600 miles. We saw SO many fun cars that day...this one with flames being first (& probably my favorite). 
We had tickets to see Beyond Van Gogh. We had low expectations, so we were all pleasantly surprised that there were good parts. That being said, I wouldn't recommend this exhibit to anyone. 
My favorite thing I learned was that Van Gogh painted Starry Night from what he saw outside his window in the insane asylum. I LOVED this quote...
Van Gogh's sunflowers & Starry Night are my favorite paintings by him. Fairly basic of me, I know...but I was pretty young when I first saw these & they have stuck with me over the years. 
A stranger offered to take our picture...they took ONE...why do people still do that?! You are not wasting film. 
I am hoping this wheelchair & cane are soon forgotten. After the show, we ordered food to go from Kate's favorite Ethiopian restaurant & took it to a nearby park on Lake Michigan. 
The food was tasty, but even though I avoided eating the injera & carb-y sides, it spiked my blood sugar. In the end, it was all about the marvelous company. I was thrilled to spend a beautiful day with my two favorite people. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment