Tuesday, February 23, 2021

All Dressed Up & Nowhere To Go

Dress: Green Velvet Slit Maxi Dress by Torrid (size 5x) 
Shoes: Super Fine Cardinal by John Fluevog 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Vintage Miriam Haskell, gift from David
Bracelet: Vintage via Grandma 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
I nearly wore this dress for NYE this year...you know, to stay home...but the blue dress won out because I thought it went better with this Miriam Haskell necklace David bought me...but it clearly looks better with this dress...don't you think? This dress was a bit too big on top & the armholes were enormous...but soooo luscious & elegant. 
Gotta show off the Fluevogs! I was rather impressed that I could walk in these heels...considering I can't hardly walk. They were comfortable enough that I could have worn them out to dinner or to a play...when those things exist again...I am ready. This bodes well for all the Fluevog heels I've been collecting. 
This was a true to the floor maxi dress...I needed the heels to keep it from dragging on the ground. 
Gold shoes peeking out...
This necklace takes my breath away...not sure why it took me 3 years to finally wear it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Overdrive; Stranded, Radio, & Big Sky eyeshadow by UD; Lovedrunk lipstick by UD; & Morgan Taylor nail polish in Stop, Shop, & Roll. 
Michael Waite playing some Mardi Gras tunes from the Yoop on Fat Tuesday...& later, Baby Berlin spinning 90s alternative & DJ Starr Noir playing Darkwave. 3 new to me artists on Green Note...I've discovered so many amazing musicians during the last year. 
We went somewhere! It was so...normal. It's been a few weeks since David & I have gotten our second Covid vaccine...so we feel we can actually go places now, still masked up of course. Who would have guessed the first place we'd go was to the gym?! Lifting 10 pound weights...it's a start. I want to build up some real world strength...my goal is to be able to pull the comforter over myself without using all my might. I wish I was kidding...this is how weak I am. Them Coulee Boys made a video of themselves eating hot wings, progressively getting hotter. They promised to release it on Friday if their Kickstarter got to $70,000. The fans seemed to think it was funny...I don't enjoy watching people hurt themselves, but I did enjoy them answering questions Facebook followers had sent in. DJ Starr Noir again, playing goth/punk/new wave/90s...a really great mix. 
DJ Po spinning vinyl...80s, post punk, darkwave. New to me shoes from Fluemarket...shiny olive patent Malibrans...in love. This classic style has been around for years & I've always been drawn to it...with the exception of the typically brown wooden looking heels...but these are GREEN. I am considering painting the white stitching black to match the buckles...but I am afraid of painting Fluevogs. DJ Baby Berlin playing 80s new wave/dark wave/synthpop. And a bit of 80s from Planet Earth/Late Bar Chicago. 
Last week was the 25th anniversary of The Hotel Washington burning down. I still remember Michael coming home to the apartment we shared with Shane & telling us about it...walking past it on his way home from work that early morning. I spent a lot of my youth there & have especially fond memories of drinks at The Barbers Closet with Shane & with Brian. The Oscar was Shane's favorite drink. One of the people who used to work at the hotel has the original Rolodex full of drink recipes from The Barbers Closet & she posted some...she said it still smells strongly of smoke from the fire. DJ Davide from Canada playing New Wave/Alternative/Post Punk/Synthpop. 
Sunday morning UnderCovered covers Fiona Apple...& The Glenn Crytzer Quartet plays tunes from 1934. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment