Saturday, November 16, 2019

Tennessee: Mountains, Music, & Moonshine

No fashion photos in this post...just a photo album of our visit with my parents in Tellico Plains, Tennessee. We woke up to this gorgeous view from the porch & a bit of breakfast. Some visiting...& French onion soup for lunch. 
After lunch we went for a drive around the mountain to stare at all the beauty & take photos at a waterfall...
The colors were in the middle of turning...this was the same time I came to visit 3 years ago...I never did finish my blog post on that trip. Nearing sunset...a drink on the porch.
When I was a kid...8 years old? I collected driftwood from the beach across from our house on Lake Superior...then for Christmas I decorated one for each season to give to my mom for a present...she still sets the appropriate one out on the kitchen window sill throughout the year. See...I've always had a thing for glitter. Dinner was amazing pork chops on the grill with an apple onion chutney on top...& then some time by the fire pit on a lovely autumn evening. 
The next day we drove to Chattanooga to take a riverboat cruise on the Tennessee river...unfortunately, it was cold & rainy. We had lunch while a band played...then my parents taught us how to play the dice game they play with their friends...& my mom won all our money. Also, there was Bingo. David & I were the youngest people on board.
Aye aye captain...I bought this cute tea pot dress by Effie's Heart from Gwynnie Bee...but we never got any outfit photos of it. I'll wear it another time this autumn. 
Baylor School on the river in the rain...I had to look up what it was because no one told us anything. The band...& some adorable ladies dancing.
After our 3 hour cruise (and yes, the band did play that song)...we went to The Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel, a former train terminal...
& had some drinks at The Frothy Monkey...
Driving to dinner...it started raining quite hard & we decided it would be better to get home & not have to drive in the dark in the pouring rain...so, dinner at home. My parents keep tiny bottles of alcohol in their glove compartment...because it is totally legal to drink in the car as long as you aren't driving. Nachos & leftovers for dinner. Also, my mom & her car were featured in a car magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment