Thursday, January 11, 2018

Dead Man's Carnival: Tom Waits Tribute Show

 Dress: Velvetina Midi Lace-up Velvet Dress in Burgundy Wine by Holy Clothing (size 4x)
Tights: Catherines
Boots: Dr. Martens
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Vintage 90s
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Super embarrassing confession...I've had this gorgeous dress for ~10 years & this was my first time wearing it. It may have been laying around for longer...the tags were still attached. I used to wear a lot of Holy Clothing in the early 2000s. I had several elaborately embroidered heavy skirts that I wore all the time...they held up for years. Their stuff is well made in India & I unearthed a few summer dresses as well that I will hopefully get around to wearing when the weather gets warmer. 
The fit on this non-stretch velvet dress was spot on, with the exception of the sleeves being slightly long.
Kate said I looked like I was going to a Ren faire, but is that a bad thing? I was channeling my late 90s-early 00s goth chick vibe...perhaps the necklace was a bit much?
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX Faux Blacks eyeliner in Oxblood, Crème Brûlée & Haute Chocolate eyeshadow by Too Faced, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Gash, Majella lipstick from Nars, & Elegance nail polish by Colors by Llarowe. 
I wore this outfit to spend an evening with Kate. First we went to wine tasting at Square...where there were delicious dried blood oranges...so pretty...
Then we munched on some frites & sipped cocktails at Merchant. I don't remember what the girlie was doing here...but I liked her Kate explains it all face. 
Then...on to The Majestic to see Dead Man's Carnival...but first...the girlie had to go back to Merchant to retrieve my coat. We could have sat in the front row, but we didn't....what?! We decided on a bit further back because it was higher & easier to take in the entire stage.
We'd seen Milwaukee's Dead Man's Carnival before...but this time around they were doing a tribute to Tom Waits in honor of the 30th anniversary of "Franks Wild Years". Live music, circus, freak show, burlesque, & a Tom Waits puppet. 
A man who blew bubbles with his pet tarantula in his mouth...girlies in pasties walking on broken glass & sword swallowing...a totally charming evening.

2 comments:

  1. I just love your style and I am in love with that dress. Would have loved to be at the carnival too! happy new year and thanks for all the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy! Happy new year to you too <3

      Delete