Sunday, November 26, 2017

Two Nights of Cory Chisel

 Dress: Sailboat Dress in Buttons by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Modcloth
Cardigan: Isaac Mizrahi Live (size 3x), thrifted
Shoes: Bandolino, thrifted
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Button Bracelet: Allie's Adornments
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This outfit was an accident. I was looking for a cropped mustard cardigan &...as usual, I was in a hurry...so I grabbed this to keep warm during the Cory Chisel show at The Shitty Barn. Angie remarked that she liked them together & I did too. Currently...my clothes are all over the place...but once I get moved into my huge closet & I know where everything is (Ha!)...how will I get dressed without marvelous mistakes?!
I strongly dislike when a pattern is only on the front of a cardigan or sweater...why? But I was overjoyed to find this find for $5 at a thrift store. 
I bought this button Effie's Heart dress a few years ago during a Modcloth after the holidays sale. While I adore EH, this is not my favorite style from them...mainly because I think this one was sewn incorrectly...if you look at the left side of the mustard v...it's crooked. But otherwise, I love everything about it...especially the autumnal color combination. 
My favorite time of year...everything is so pretty.
My makeup with this ensemble included...NYX Faux Blacks eyeliner in Oxblood; Kat von D eyeshadow in Legend, Fran, Rewind, & Lemmy; Tannin lipstick from Bite Beauty; & OPI nail polish in Skyfall. 
I wore this dress to see Cory Chisel with Angie & Toby, the first night. Amazing. Always. Cory noticed Toby knitting & wanted the creature he was working on...but he wasn't done with it just yet. 
So when I went back the next night to see them for the second show (I wore the blue dress with birds)...I gave them the finished product...which Toby had wrapped up with a sweet note that they just loved & he suggested that Cory & his son could call him Ralph, if they liked. Cory & his wife, Adriel, were so genuinely adorably excited...Cory signed my poster with his name & had Ralph sign as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment