Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Final Opus

 Dress: Sarah Dress in My Way Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Preview International, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I'm in love with Effie's Heart dresses...they are a brand that makes XS-4X. They dipped their toe in the water by offering plus sizes to Modcloth, then GB...& now they carry some plus sizes on their site. EH dresses are a cotton jersey material that are so easy to slip on & go anywhere...they are my jeans & t-shirt...so comfy. Oh, & they nearly always have pockets, but this one is the exception. 
This is the first dress I've tried in this style...& with long sleeves! I adored wearing this dress...nice full skirt, high waist belt, & it just laid so nicely all over. It was a dream & I'll be looking to buy it once it goes in the shop or through GB resellers.
Next time I wear this dress I'll add color to it, but I wanted the arrow pattern to shine on its own first & it wasn't cold enough to add another layer. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Jet Black, Medusa & Ankh eyeshadow by Kat von D, NYX lip liner in Orange County, Toast lipstick from Bite Beauty, & OPI nail polish in Race Red. 
I wore this dress to visit my hand therapist for the first time & find out what I can do about the mild osteoarthritis I've been diagnosed with...no grey hair yet, but arthritis. Most likely it's from years of gripping ladies hands while I did their nails as it's in my left hand.
The final Opus. I was sad to learn that after 17 years, Opus Lounge was closing its doors. It was the last of my 20s haunts still around...The Barber's Closet burnt down & Cafe Montmartre went out of business. Kate & I decided it had been about 4 or 5 years since we'd last been there & that was probably the only time we had visited in the 10 years since Merchant opened. Opus cocktails stayed stuck in 1999...& Merchant offered delicious exciting craft cocktails. 
This was the first place I had champagne cocktails...they used to put a sugar cube in the bottom of the glass...I was glad to see they did away with that practice. We made a toast to Shane as I'd spent so much time here with him...drinking & laughing.
Opus was also the first place I ever had edamame. This photo on the wall & Kate reminded me that they used to put colored plastic animals in your drink...I wish they had had some for our last day to keep as a souvenir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment