Tuesday, September 13, 2016

More Tutti Frutti

 Top: Rico Top in Tutti Frutti by Rachel Antonoff (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Skirt: J. Jill, thrifted
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I am nuts about this tutti frutti pattern by Rachel Antonoff...such lovely colors. I wore a dress in this design (completely different material) earlier this summer. The top is a lightweight semi-sheer cotton...I adored the cutout shoulders. However, it was quite shapeless & tended to roll up at the bottom as the edges were just serged. Also, this top came to me worn out...the colors were faded & the serged edges were fuzzy (see close-up of make-up below). Despite all of that...I wore this outfit several times...I had the perfect cotton J. Jill skirt to go with it & it was comfy to sit around the house in & run errands. 
Rachel Antonoff designed a collection especially for GB...her styles are fun...hopefully she has learned more about plus sized bodies for better fit in the future. In addition to the 2 tutti frutti garments, I've also worn her dissected frog dress...all with fit issues, but amazing patterns.  
Some Savers finds...
Play! by Sephora...August box...
While David was in California visiting family...I had the girlie over for dinner. I made slow roasted salmon with fennel & citrus & sliced up some heirloom tomatoes topped with basil from our garden...Kate brought lovely wine & her adorable smile & fabulous company. 
I don't shave my legs as my hair is super light...but once a year (usually spring...but I didn't get around to it until August this year) I wax this area on my outer calf below my knee since the hair there is visible. I have found waxing makes this hair grow back less & less...obviously the little bit of hair was not bothering me since it took me so long to get to it...but it is SO satisfying to rip the hair out. Is it just me? 

Olive frolicking at the dog park...I took Rye to doggy daycare, so I gave her some special time too. 

New dress from City Chic...I wore this from GB, but bought it new from CC for less. 

Pretty flowers at the Sunday market.
Then there's this douche nozzle...who hit my car in the parking lot at farmers market with his door fairly hard. I called after him, but he ignored me. When I finally found him with his 2 kids at market, he very sarcastically said...oh, soorrrry, it was them (meaning the kids). I just wanted him to sincerely apologize...so I was shocked when he was so rude to me. So I asked for his insurance information & he said...um, no...things happen...& he walked away. I told him that was a nice example he was setting for his kids & he replied...oh, like they know what I'm doing at five. Oh, I think they already know who you are, sir. 

All the spray paint! I have many bits & bobs that need color in the backyard. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Purple, Anastasia eyeshadow in Punch Fuchsia & Unicorn, Lime eyeshadow by Make Up For Ever, Follow Me eyeshadow by Too Faced (not pictured), NYX lip palette in The Plums, & OPI nail polish in My Gecko Does Tricks. 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment