Monday, February 29, 2016

Pretty in Pink 30th Anniversary

 Dress: Magic Dress by Melissa Masse (size 3x) via The Girls of GB sale post
Leggings: Torrid
Cardigan: ?, thrifted 
Boots: Dr. Marten
Earring: Vintage 80s
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this pink ensemble to work & see Pretty in Pink with Kate, then again the next day to run errands. I love these Melissa Masse fit & flare dresses. I have several of them, but this one was the first GB got & we at The Girls of GB dubbed it "the magic dress" because it is so flattering to nearly every body type. It was an *extremely* windy day...I now have dozens of photos of me with my dress flying over my face & exposing my belly. I wanted to wear pink for the occasion...I am aware that none of these pinks match...but I was even less concerned about that in the 80s than I am now. I wore this earring to see Pretty in Pink in the theater 30 years ago...I also had that bracelet in high school. I remember that I wore pink shorts, pink lace tights, & pink pointy heels with tons of straps to originally see this movie, but I can't recall what I wore on top. I *think* it was a pink lace top with a silky pink floral oversized jacket/blazer. 
I was nearly 16 when Pretty in Pink was released...out of all the John Hughes movies...this one was my favorite & I most related to Molly Ringwald's character...although I would have picked Duckie to date. I first saw this movie with Shane, then on a date, & again with Shane. I don't remember ever going to see a movie more than once in the theater back then except for this one. 
 Urban Decay had a sale...
I took a trip to the beauty supply...in search of new products for my hair. I'm not sure what has changed...is our water too soft? My hair not as layered? Old age? Some time in the fall my hair stopped being as full of body & lost a lot of its natural wave. I like to do as little as possible to my hair...wash it & leave the house. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Brown eyeliner from Sephora; Too Faced eyeshadows in Totally Fetch, Cotton Candy, & Sprinkles; Urban Decay lipstick in Crush; & J'Adore My Mani nail polish by Morgan Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment