Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Purple & Green on a Spring-like Day

 Dress: Tea Length Dress in Dahlia by City Chic (size XXL) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Isaac Mizrahi Live, thrifted
Boots: Dr. Marten
Earring, Necklace, & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress on a Saturday. This is the dress I kept forever hoping to wear it to an event. I opted out of going out when I wore it with burgundy (read review of dress there)...& this time I decided I'd rather stay home yet again rather than go to an illuminated garden bonfire with Kate, despite the lovely spring-like weather. I am lame. I LOVED the green with purple...one of my favorite color combinations! These boots are purple patent leather, they always look so dark in photos. I find the BEST cardigans at Savers...apparently, Isaac Mizrahi does a line exclusively for QVC & maybe he does a show on there? I've never watched QVC, so I don't know how it works. However, the cardigan prints I've seen online are spectacular & I have several gorgeous ones...all found at Savers, which I paid $4-5 for. 
Kinky Boots tickets went on sale at 9am...so I got to the Overture Center at just after 8:30...I'm not sure why I thought I'd be the only one there. I *was* the youngest person there, but #41...I know that doesn't seem so high, but consider that everyone before me was going to buy at least 2 tickets *sigh* & I overheard someone say the entire main floor was already sold out to subscription ticket holders. I didn't want to sit in the Mezzanine or Balcony *ugh*...I prefer front row (on stage if they'd let me). So I was sitting...waiting...sulking...eavesdropping...when I heard the woman next to me on the phone with her friend...she was a subscriber & just found out the family reunion was that weekend & did she want to buy her tickets? *PERK* Her friend declined. And...I let my chance slip by...because I'm not that outgoing. They called #40...I had to make my move...so I pounced...& started chatting with her...she needed to buy Wednesday tickets & get rid of her Saturday 5th row seats!!! Score! I threw money at her & gave her my # as it was lower than hers. I still cannot believe my luck! Sometimes it pays to leave the house. 
Later that day...Kate & I went to lunch at our usual Saturday restaurant, Shük...we can't get enough of their sweet potato falafel! Then, wine tasting. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Voodoo, UD eyeshadow in Dragon & Vanity, Kat von D eyeshadow in Vinyl & Misfit, Bite Beauty lipstick in Burgundy, & OPI polish in OPI INK. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this one. Purple and green are my favorites and that cardigan is awesome! I found your blog recently and I am just LOVING your outfits. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete