Sunday, February 7, 2016

Osteria Papavero & Italian Wine Tasting

 Dress: Bubbly Fit & Flare Dress by Lucie Lu (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Avenue
Shoes: Franco Sarto, thrifted
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble to go out with Kate last Friday & on another day to work. I bought this dress from GB back in summer of 2014, brand new, for ~$15. They had a lot of 50% off sales & prices were reasonable back then. The last time I wore this dress was on 4th of July that year. As much as I like having new things from GB, it's also fun to dig into my closet & wear my own clothes. I haven't worn this leopard cardigan in YEARS...& to be honest, if I had been able to find my darker Lands' End leopard cardigan...it would still not have seen the light of day. I actually like this one better for this outfit. I found these leopard shoes at Savers & this is my first time wearing them...when I went out with Kate I wore black boots because I was worried about having to tromp through snow downtown. Dots & leopard are both neutrals...so therefore, this outfit totally matches. 
During the day last Friday & then briefly on Saturday to farmers' market, where Kate snapped this photo...I wore this awful Karen Kane leopard dress. I hated it. I could not be bothered to put on make-up to run errands & wear this hideous "dress"...I had to wear leggings as when I sat down, it was short enough to expose my underwear. Not a good look. I could have made this work...but I find I am having less patience with wearing things I don't feel good in. I closeted this because it had looked amazing on so many of the ladies in The Girls of GB...it just wasn't for me. 
On Friday David & I ran errands which included, checking out what UW SWAP had on offer (we picked up some kitchen utensils), looking at magazines, & Indian buffet for lunch. The Rolling Stone tribute issue to David Bowie came out that day & I wanted to buy it...however, I was disappointed as I had already read all the celebrity memories online...I was expecting more. Check out that marvelous refashioned cardigan! I took a photo of it because I'd love to do that...I found it in Altered Couture & also took pictures of the instructions...add it to my never-ending inspiration pile. Also, caged wine cork necklaces! Not stunning on its own, but I love the idea of using special corks this way. 
Dinner with the girlie at Osteria Papavero. The problem with dim mood lighting...not very conducive to pretty food photos. We shared wild mushroom soup; a local vegetable antipasto, which included squash, spinach, & fennel (I don't remember the details, but it was tasty); wild mushroom risotto; & scallops. We ordered too much delicious food. 
Tuscany wine tasting...I forgot to take photos of the wine...but the girlie is much more photogenic, she is wearing a GB dress from Corey that I had to keep touching because it looked like it would be a sweater dress, but the tweed print was light & silky.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Colorpop eyeshadow in Erotic, UD eyeshadow in Half Baked, Russian Roulette lipstick by NYX, & OPI nail polish in O'Hare & Nails Look Great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment