Sunday, January 17, 2016

Music & Coloring

 Dress: Elysees Dress in Bicycle Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this whimsical dress to see a band with Kate & on another day to a coloring party. Made of the typical heavy t-shirt material Effie's Heart makes a lot of their dresses out of, with pockets...this was a fabulous fit & length on me...super casual...this is my version of wearing jeans. I liked it a lot better than the chipmunk dress...my biggest complaint is the awkwardly off-centered keyhole...it wasn't quite off to the side enough & I kept finding myself trying to make it centered. Also, the grey bicycles were too drab for me...although I loved the way the burgundy tights & lips added a bit of color...& I was excited to be able to wear the grey shoes I picked up for $4 at Savers. Grey is not my color, however, these reminded me of army green Nine West shoes I had back in the 80s...so I had to have them. Fun dress to wear a few times...unless you are a penny farthing rider..then this dress is a must own. 
Kate & I went to Mother Fools to see Blair Clark perform some songs from his latest EP with Leah Brooke (both formerly of The Sills)...they were opening for Blood & Dust from the Bay area...but we really came to see them. Jason joined us & everyone drank tea but me. 
The following day David & I went to a coloring party. A colleague's partner had just published a coloring book & they were celebrating. I LOVE coloring...& David doesn't care for it...however, we learned something interesting on this day...
I need to color either a picture or shapes with a pattern. The pages from JoAnne's book were abstract doodles...sometimes while I was coloring between the lines, I would find myself following a never ending maze. David seemed to enjoy the dream labyrinth, but I wished there was a definite beginning & end. So he most certainly enjoyed coloring on this day more than I did. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue; Urban Decay eyeshadows in Heroine, Bondage, Sonic, & Last Sin; & Bite Beauty lipstick in Tannin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment