Thursday, December 18, 2014

When I Am An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple (but not with a red hat)

 Dress: Eggplant Print dress by Jessica Howard (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Cardigan: Talbots (3x)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko 
Necklace: Jody McGill
Earrings: The Gilded Gypsies
Bracelet: Age Before Beauty
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this purple outfit to work & run errands with Super Boo. I don't wear a lot of purple...why?! I loved this Jessica Howard dress & am wondering, yet again...why didn't I buy it?! Like all dresses from this brand, it bunched up in the middle of the collar which is always annoying & there was a pointless zipper up the back. Also, it ran a tad smaller than any of the other Jessica Howard dresses I've had & I wished it weren't so clingy. Hmmm, I guess I know why I didn't buy it. However...the color, print, and fit & flare cut were amazing & if it ever shows up in the GB Shop for $20, it will be mine! 
How amazing is this cardigan?? I found it at Savers for $5 ($99 retail)! I've been looking for a purple cardigan just this shade, & there it was. It's from Talbots & the Merino wool is soooo soft & warm. And speaking of bargains...I found the Dansko shoes I'm wearing at a garage sale last summer for either $2 or $4. 
Look how nicely the socks & cardigan go together. The stone in the necklace is also dark purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment