Friday, December 19, 2014

The Second Time I Fell in Love, It Was With A House

 Dress: Rashida Dress in Abstract Print by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (click my link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Payless (found at Savers)
Necklace: Amy Hanna
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this dress to visit our house for the second time & on a different day for work. This dress was rather marvelous...a great cut & lovely fabric. I could have sized down as it was slightly too big on me. I loved the shades of red & burgundy with a smattering of unexpected Robin's Egg Blue. I'm wearing burgundy tights here, but they seem to be showing up more black on my screen. 
The first time I fell in love, it was with a dog. I was 6. The second time I fell in love, it was with a house. I was 8. I didn't fall in love with a person until I was 12. It was Boy George. When I was 14 I fell in love with my best friend, Shane. When we talk about falling in love, it is usually romantic love. I'm sure there is a word for this non-romantic love in a more flowery language, but I don't have a word for it. All of these times I was in love, my heart fluttered & I felt like I couldn't get enough of my object of desire...I felt crazy...& I felt wonderful. Birds followed me around singing...& pecking at my heart. As horribly wonderful as it is, I wish it would happen to me more often. It makes me feel alive & that life is the most splendid gift. 
I fell in love with a house last month (selfie above taken there). It's only the second house I've ever loved. Both times it happened, it was unexpected & sudden. I started to write a bunch of details about the houses...but realized...it doesn't matter. These houses got inside me & became a part of me...the way things & people you love do. There is no explaining it...you just know...there is that spark. I have walked around these 2 houses in my mind countless times. I've left a part of me in each of them even though neither of them ever belonged to me & never will. But part of me belongs to them. 
I know this may seem silly & dramatic...but I love with all my heart when it happens. So, this house I fell in love with last month will never belong to me, & I'm grieving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment